NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Established in 1985, the Kotak Mahindra group has been one of India's most reputed financial conglomerates. In February 2003, Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd, the group's flagship company was given the license to carry on banking business by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). This approval created banking history since Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd. is the first non–banking finance company in India to convert itself in to a bank as Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. Today, the bank is one of the fastest growing bank and among the most admired financial institutions in India.
The bank has over 323 branches and a customer account base of over 2.7 million. Spread all over India, not just in the metros but in Tier II cities and rural India as well, it is redefining the reach and power of banking. Presently it is engaged in commercial banking, stock broking, mutual funds, life insurance and investment banking. It caters to the financial needs of individuals and corporates. The bank has an international presence through its subsidiaries with offices in London, New York, Dubai, Mauritius, San Francisco and Singapore that specialize in providing services to overseas investors seeking to invest into India.
Products and Services
- The bank offers complete financial solutions for infinite needs of all individual and non–individual customers depending on the customer's need – delivered through a state of the art technology platform. Investment products like Mutual Funds, Life Insurance, retailing of gold coins and bars etc are also offered. The bank follows a mix of both open and closed architecture for distribution of the investment products. All this is backed by strong, in–house research on Mutual Funds.
- The bank’s savings account goes beyond the traditional role of savings, and allows us to put aside a lot more than just money. The worry–free feature of Savings Account provides a range of services from funds transfer, bill payments, 2–way sweep through our ActivMoney feature and much more. We can place standing instructions for investment options that can be booked through Internet or through Phone banking services. The Savings Account thus provides for attractive returns earned through a comprehensive suite products and services that offer investment options, all delivered seamlessly to the customer by well integrated technology platforms.
- Apart from Phone banking and Internet banking, the Bank offers convenient banking facility through Mobile banking, SMS services, Netc@rd, Home banking and BillPay facility among others.
- The Depository services offered by the Bank allows the customers to hold equity shares, government securities, bonds and other securities in electronic or Demat forms.
- The Salary 2 Wealth offering provides comprehensive administrative solutions for Corporates with features such as easy and automated web based salary upload process thereby eliminating the paper work involved in the process, a dedicated relationship manager to service the corporate account, customized promotions and tie – ups and many such unique features. The whole gamut of investment products and investment advisory services is available to the salary account holders as well.
- For the business community, the bank offer comprehensive business solutions that include the Current Account, Trade Services, Cash Management Service and Credit Facilities. The bank’s wholesale banking products offer business banking solutions for long–term investments and working capital needs, advice on mergers and acquisitions and equipment financing. To meet special needs of the rural market, the bank has dedicated business offerings for agricultural financing and infrastructure. Its Agriculture Finance division delivers customised products for capital financing and equipment financing needs of our rural customers.
- For financial liquidity the bank offers loans that meet personal requirements with quick approval and flexible payment options. To complete the personal financial offerings space, the bank now offers Kotak Credit Card which is a hassle–free, transparent product that also happens to be the first vertical credit card in the industry.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank addresses the entire spectrum of financial needs of Non–Resident Indians. The bank has tie–up with the Overseas Indian Facilitation Centre (OIFC) as a strategic partner, which gives them a platform to share their comprehensive range of banking and investment products and services for Non Resident Indians (NRIs) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs). Their Online Account Opening facility and Live Chat service helps to get in touch at the comfort of homes and at the convenience. These offerings are specifically designed to suit the overseas Indian's personal financial needs and give the global Indians a near to home feel.
ICAI Award – Excellence in Financial Reporting under Category 1 – Banking Sector for the year ending 31st March, 2010
Asiamoney – Best Local Cash Management Bank 2010
IDG India – Kotak won the CIO 100 'The Agile 100' award 2010
- Banking Technology Excellence Awards Best Bank Award in IT Framework and Governance Among Other Banks' – 2009
- Banking Technology Award for IT Governance and Value Delivery, 2008
IR Global Rankings – Best Corporate Governance Practices – Ranked among the top 5 companies in Asia Pacific, 2009
FinanceAsia – Best Private Bank in India, for Wealth Management business, 2009
Kotak Royal Signature Credit Card – Was chosen 'Product of the Year' in a survey conducted by Nielsen in 2009
IBA Banking Technology Awards
- Best Customer Relationship Achievement – Winner 2008 & 2009
- Best overall winner, 2007
- Best IT Team of the Year, 4 years in a row from 2006 to 2009
- Best IT Security Policies & Practices, 2007
Euromoney – Best Private Banking Services (overall), 2009
Emerson Uptime Champion Awards – Technology Senate Emerson Uptime Championship Award in the BFSI category, 2008
Best Investment Bank in India, 2010
Best Equity House in India, 2010
Best Broker in India, 2010
Best Domestic Equity House, 2010
Best Local Brokerage in the Asiamoney Brokers Poll – 2010
Best Investment Bank in India, 2010
Best Bank for Equity Finance in India, 2010
Best Domestic Investment Bank, 2010
Best Investment Bank in India, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 & 2010
Best Equity House in India, 2008 & 2010
Best Domestic Equity House, 2008, 2009 & 2010
Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched a credit card called Kotak Trump Card that offers 10% cash back on dining as well as movie and play spends.
Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMB) has introduced Stock Ace, a new product offering for individual customers which provides them the power of instant liquidity.
Kotak Mahindra Bank launches interbank mobile payment service
- 1986 – Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd started the activity of Bill Discounting
- 1987 – Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd entered the Lease and Hire Purchase market
- 2003 – Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd. converted into a commercial bank – the first Indian company to do so.
- 2009 – Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. opened a representative office in Dubai. Entered Ahmedabad Commodity Exchange as anchor investor.