NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
KEC International Limited (KEC) was incorporated as Kamani Engineering Corporation in 1945 by Ramji M Kamani. KEC International, the flagship company in the transmission sector of the RPG Group, is a global leader in the power transmission engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) business. With global operations spanning over 20 countries, the company is present in India, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Libya, Ghana, Algeria, Afghanistan, Nigeria, Kazakhstan, Mali, Tajikistan, South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Ethiopia and Egypt among several other countries.
It is one of the largest Power Transmission EPC companies in the world. KEC has made an indelible mark on the world map by constantly and consistently re–engineering itself to retain its position of leadership in the areas of quality, technology, capacity and capability.
KEC is in the business of manufacture of transmission towers and erection and laying of power transmission lines on an EPC basis.
The company operates as a power transmission engineering, procurement, and construction company worldwide. KEC supplies towers and constructs transmission lines for the power transmission and distribution industry. Its operations include distribution and rural electrification, concrete spun pole manufacturing, and supply of telecom towers, as well as hotline stringing and providing services, such as satellite/GPRS surveys. KEC International also engages in the design, manufacture, supply, and construction of turnkey projects of power transmission lines of voltages up to 800 KV; and the execution of railway electrification projects, setting up sub–stations, and power distribution networks, optical fiber cable installations, turnkey telecom infrastructure services, and maintenance of power transmission lines.
KEC has three manufacturing facilities located at Butibori (22000 mt), Jaipur (36000 mt) and Jabalpur (55000 mt) with aggregate annual capacity of 1,13,000 mt. KEC meets the world's most stringent quality standards. Its plants are certified as per ISO 9001 and 14001 for Quality and Environmental Standards.KEC has gone from strength to strength successfully exporting towers to over 20 countries and widening its client base across the world. The company has an increasingly strong presence in the Middle East, the Pacific Rim countries and Africa.
KEC has helped transmit power to various countries that include Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, New Zealand, Nepal, Nigeria, Philippines, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Thailand, Tunisia, USA, UAE and Vietnam.
KEC test beds have been accepted and approved by Power utilities in India and abroad. Some of the key consultants who have witnessed the tests at KEC testing stations are:
- Acres Consulting Engineers – Canada
- Energo Project – Yugoslavia
- Electricite de France – France
- ESB International – Ireland
- Ewbank Preece Ltd. – U.K.
- Kennedy & Donkin Ltd. – U.K.
- Lahmeyer International – Germany
- Merz & McLELLAN – U.K.
- Newjec – Japan
- KEC International received the Highest Exporter Trophy for the year 2000–2001 in Capital goods.
- KEC International has won the EEPC India Western Regional ‘Top Exporter – Gold trophy’ award for highest exports in the ‘Merchant Exporters’ category for the year 2006–07.
- In 2007 the company crossed the record level of Rs. 2000 crore in annual revenue marks a major milestone.
- In December 2008 it added one more country to its already illustrious list of 41 countries where it has a footprint, by bagging a Rs 88 crore order from Barki Tojik, the national electricity company of Tajikistan.
- In February 2008, KEC International received the Amity Corporate Excellence award at the International Business Summit and Research Conference – INBUSH
- On January 2,2009 the company announced the successful completion of the important Kerawalapitiya–Kotugoda transmission line Project in Sri Lanka with cooperation from Colombo Electricity Board (CEB).
Acquires SAE towers in the Americas.
Acquired and merged RPG Cables.
World’s Highest capacity (1,200kV) tower testing station started at Nagpur, India and tested first 1200 kV tower.
Forays into Water EPC Business.
National HRD Network (NHRDN) Awards 2011
CII Design Excellence Awards, 2011
Green IT Enterprise Award 2011
Established a world–class greenfield facility at Vadodara, Gujarat for Manufacturing of high tension (HT) and extra high voltage (EHV) power cables.
Certificate of Merit at India Manufacturing Excellence Awards, 2012
Best Employer Award, 2013 by Aon Hewitt
Indo–American Corporate Excellence Award for Best Indian Company in the US in Manufacturing, 2013
BML Munjal Award for Excellence in Learning and Development, 2013
National Award for Innovative Talent Development Practices, 2013
KEC International has won the following two prestigious awards from Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL), A Government of India Enterprise for outstanding performance in the year 2013–14