NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
KCP is a diversified $50 million business group with interests in heavy engineering, sugar, cement, hydel power, information technology and biotechnology. KCP's cement division has a state–of–the–art cement manufacturing plant at Macherla in Andhra Pradesh. It was India?óÔé¼Ôäós 1st dry process kiln installed in 1958 by HUMBOLDT, Germany even while it was still a prototype in Europe. Strong emphasis on new technology characterizes all operations at KCP?óÔé¼Ôäós Macherla plant.
In 1962 KCP installed a second wet process kiln in collaboration with FIVES LILLIE CAIL, France. KCP?óÔé¼Ôäós 100% modernized cement plant with a World Bank funded outlay of Rs 367 million incorporates the latest technology such as the energy–efficient dry process, with a two support kiln and a five stage pre–heater with flash calciner. KCP also incorporates a sophisticated centralized process control system with hardware and software from SIEMENS, Germany.
KCP has successfully designed and built a mobile launch pedestal (MLP) for Indian Space Research Organization's (ISRO) Satish Dhavan Space Centre at Sreeharikotta. It is on such platforms that the launch vehicles will carry the remote sensing satellites and communication satellites. The launch vehicle together with the MLP would weigh around 900 tonne and is a result of the joint initiative by the scientists of the ISRO and KCP Engineers.
The heavy engineering division of The KCP Limited, established in 1955, is a sprawling, hi–tech complex that can roll out the entire range of heavy mechanical equipment for the core sector industries. This complex is one of the largest, well integrated workshops of its kind and has facilities for casting, fabricating and machining heavy equipment.KCP has a marked presence in the supply of key mechanical machinery to the core sector industries.
When the government of Andhra Pradesh gave private enterprises the opportunity to generate their own power, KCP rose to the challenge by establishing mini–hydel projects on the Guntur Canal. Using innovative technology, KCP developed the most cost effective way to generate power from five different canal drops. The capacity of four of these power projects is 1.5 megawatts and the fifth is 2.25 megawatts . Construction work for three of these projects are already complete ; the other two projects are nearing completion. The company is engaged in the manufacturing of – KCP Grade 53 Portland,Cement
- 2002 KCP Biotech Limited setup at Biotech Park, Shameerpet, Hyderabad to manufacture biotech related products.
- 2001 KCP Heavy Engineering Plant II setup at Arakonam near Chennai, to execute medium to large sized fabrication projects.
- 1999 KCP Hydel Power Division setup at Nekkarikallu, Andhra Pradesh on the Guntur Canal of Krishna river to generate 8 MW of power.
- 1999 KCP Vietnam Industries Limited, a fully owned subsidiary of the KCP Limited setup to manufacture sugar at Thua Thien Hue Province at Central Vietnam. This 2500 TCD plant was shifted to Son Hoa District, Phuyen Province in 2001.
- 1999 KCP Technologies Limited setup to provide high quality IT Solutions & Engineering Technical Services.
- 1995 FCB–KCP Limited, (now Fives Cail–KCP) setup as a joint venture with Fives Cail Group of France for the design and manufacture of Sugar Plants.
- 1995 KCP Sugar Manufacturing Division demerger into a separate company, KCP Sugar & Industries Limited.
- 1984 Arakonam Castings & Forgings Limited, started as a joint venture between The KCP Limited and the Tamilnadu Industrial Development Corporation (TIDCO).
- 1984 Fuller KCP Limited, a joint venture with Fuller International Inc, USA was launched, for the design and manufacture of large–sized cement plants and other mineral processing equipment. KCP divested its stake to FL Smidth, Denmark in 1996.
- 1967 EIMCO–KCP Limited, started as a joint venture between The KCP Limited and EIMCO Corporatation, USA. Currently a 100% subsidiary of KCP Sugar & Industries Limited.
- 1958 KCP Cement Division, setup at Macherla, Andhra Pradesh with a state–of–the–art cement manufacturing plant. India's first dry process kiln was installed at Macherla by HUMBOLDT AG, Germany in 1958 (while still a prototype in Europe).
- 1955 KCP Heavy Engineering Division Plant I, setup at Tiruvottiyur, Chennai consisting of an integrated manufacturing facility, which caters to a wide range of heavy mechanical equipment and sub–systems for core sector industries.
- 1941 An 800 TCD Sugar Plant was setup at Vuyyuru, Andhra Pradesh, India by Sri. V. Ramakrishna, Founder Chairman of KCP
The KCP Cement Division received the National Award for the Second Best Improvement in Energy Performance during the year 1996–97.
KCP Limited won both the Excellence Award as well as the Udyog Rattan Award bestowed yearly by The Institute of Economic Studies (IES) , New Delhi to organizations and individuals for their significant contribution to the Indian economy.