NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Jet Airways, which commenced operations on May 5, 1993,is a full service airline with one of the youngest fleets in the world, operates a network that includes flights to 76 destinations spanning the length and breadth of India and destinations in Europe, North America (USA & Canada), the Middle East and Asia.
The airline flies to 63 destinations spanning the length and breadth of India and beyond, including New York (both JFK and Newark), Toronto, Brussels, London (Heathrow), Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Colombo, Bangkok, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Kuwait, Bahrain, Muscat, Doha, Riyadh, Jeddah, Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
The company’s primary hub and maintenance base is at Mumbai, whereas Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Pune, Bengaluru and Brussels are its secondary hubs.
Jet Airways operates flights to 20 international destinations, offering a better choice in the skies. The airline’s service class comprises Première–business branded for domestic sectors and First Class, Première– business class branded for international sectors.
It has earned the distinction of receiving the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) Registration. The company has successfully completed the Operational Safety Audit and has entered into the IOSA Registry. Jet Airways also offers an exclusive portal for travel agents–www.9wagents.com.
Jet Airways has launched an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) based payment and ticketing service. The airline has adopted this unique IVR technology to make payment and ticketing service easily accessible to its passengers.
The airline has interline agreements with over 133 international airlines, which allow passengers to use interline documents on Jet Airways for their travel.
The company’s subsidiaries include Jet Lite (India), Jet Airways LLC, Trans Continental e Services, Jet Enterprises, Jet Airways of India Inc, India Jetairways Pty and Jet Airways Europe Services N.V.
In 2013 Jet Airways entered a Strategic Alliance with Etihad Airways, a transaction for the subscription of 24 per cent minority equity stake in Jet Airways.
Etihad Airways and Jet Airways will combine their network of 130 destinations, with Jet Airways establishing a Gulf gateway in Abu Dhabi and expanding it’s reach through Etihad Airways’ growing global network.
- It provides services such as airport lounges, bus services, coach services, complimentary chauffeur drive services.
- It has created Jetkids, programme for kids between 2 years to 12 years that offers gift and offers while there are travelling in airplanes. It also offers services like Jetmobile, JetEscapes, Cargo, etc.
- Jet Airways provides services such car rentals, hotels, conversion services, retails services, telecommunications, etc.
- To provide these services it has partnered with various companies such as Air France, American Airlines, Citi, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, HSBC, Hyatt, Hilton Hotels, The Leela, Marriott, Oberoi Hotels & Resorts, The Park, Ferns n Petals, matrix, are amongst others.
- Jet Airways wins top honours at Global Traveller Wines on the Wing awards.
- Jet Airways wins prestigious Monitor award in Bangladesh. Adjudged Best In–flight Meal in Economy for 2012.
- Jet Airways declared Best Domestic Airline at CNBC Awaaz Travel Awards 2013
- Jet Airways' JetPrivilege wins double honours at the prestigious Freddie Awards 2013
- Jet Airways wins prestigious 6th loyalty award 2013
- Jet Airways Wins Prestigious Lonely Planet Magazine Travel Award 2012
- Jet Airways' JetPrivilege Programme wins triple honors at the prestigious Freddie Awards 2012
- Jet Airways declared winner for Customer & Brand Loyalty In “Domestic Commercial Airlines Sector”
- Jet Airways declared Favourite Full–Service Airline at the Outlook Traveller Awards 2011
- Jet Airways' E–commerce head conferred coveted Digital Marketing award at Indira International Innovation Summit
- Jet Airways wins prestigious NDTV Profit Business Leadership Award 2011
- Jet Airways honoured with the Best Domestic Airline award by the Travel Agents Association of India (TAAI)
- Jet Airways declared Best Airline in Central/South Asia and India at the prestigious Global Traveller Reader Survey Awards 2011
- Jet Airways wins the Best Long Haul Airline ex Brussels – Travel Magazine Awards 2011 Conferred Honour for the Fourth Consecutive Year
- Jet Airways declared “Best Domestic Airline” At CNBC Awaaz Travel Awards 2011
- Jet Airways conferred three prestigious awards at the “Times Travel Honours 2011”
- Jet Airways rated Best On Time Performer Amongst Scheduled Domestic Airline in March 2011
- Jet Airways conferred “Air Cargo Award of Excellence 2011'by Air Cargo World Magazine
- Jet Airways wins prestigious Customer and Brand Loyalty Award 2011
- Jet Airways awarded “Airline with Best Business Class Service in the World” at the Business Traveller Awards 2010
- Jet Airways wins the prestigious Global Travelers 7th Annual Readership Survey Award 2010
- Jet Airways wins the ''Best Long Haul Airline Ex Brussels–TM Travel Awards 2010'
- Jet Airways honored at the prestigious 7th ‘Friends of Thailand’ Awards 2010 in the ‘International Airlines’ category
- Jet Airways awarded prestigious ‘Best Full Service Airline – International (Indian)’ and 'Best Full Service Airline – Domestic' Awards by the Air Passenger Association Of India (APAI)
- Jet airways conferred Top Honours by Smart Travel Asia.com
- Jet Airways declared “Most preferred airline for Business class” at CNBC AWAAZ Travel awards 2010
- Jet Airways wins prestigious Global Traveler Airline Wine award
- Jet Airways wins prestigious Condé Nast Traveller India award
- Jet Airways has emerged victorious in the ‘Award for excellence in operations – Airline’ category of the Bird Express Travel World Awards
- Jet Airways wins its third consecutive Customer and Brand Loyalty Award
- Jet Airways received The Best Long Haul Carrier ex–Brussels award at the Tm Travel Awards 2009.
- The airline won the prestigious ‘Best Eastbound Airline from India’ and ‘Best domestic Airline in India’ awards at the Abacus Tafi Awards 2009.
- The airline bagged Business Traveller’s ‘Best Indian Airline’ Award in London.
- Jet Airways won ‘airline with best first–class service in the world’ award at Business Traveler’s 20th annual ‘best in business travel’ awards gala in the USA.
- The airline bagged the 2008 Galileo Express Travelworld ‘Best Domestic Full Service Airline’ Award.
- Jet Airways won the Coveted ‘Program of the Year’ for the second year consecutively. JetPrivilege, India’s largest and most recognized frequent flyer programme, won 9 Freddie Awards at the 20th Annual presentation ceremony of the Freddie Awards 2007, held in Wyndham Phoenix, USA on April 24, 2008.