NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
ISMT is engaged in manufacturing of specialized seamless tubes, alloy steel and proves engineering services. The company also manufactures products such as bearing rings, gear blanks, shifter sleeves, cages for constant velocity joints, swaged and machined axles, threaded and coupled casings, couplings and a host of similar products.
ISMT is largest manufacturer of specialized seamless tubes in the Asia Pacific Region. Currently the company has installed capacity of 155,000 tpa and 250,000 tpa for seamless tubes and alloy steel, respectively.
The company manufactures all its tubes through the Assel Mill route. This process yields tubes of very high dimensional accuracy and excellent concentricity thus minimizing the requirements of final machining. Due to this. the resultant tubes are use for various applications such as the manufacture of bearings, automobile parts, drill rods, hydraulic cylinders, gas cylinders, boilers, etc.
The company has received various certifications such as ISO / TS 16949: 2002, ISO 14001: 2004 and OHSAS 18001:1999 for its quality management.
Products and services
Steel– It manufactures a range of products such as alloy and alloy spring steels, high alloy steels, micro alloyed and boron steels, ball bearing steels, free cutting / semi free cutting steels and carbon and carbon spring steels. These products are used by industries such as forging, seamless tube making, automobile and auto–ancillaries, textile machinery, fasteners and other engineering applications.
Tubes– Under this the company manufactures range of seamless tubes and value added products such as starter gears, Spindle axles, Cages, multi–track sleeves, shaped tubes, OCTG Couplings and inner races.
Engineering solutions– TAAL Technologies is engineering solution arm of the company. The company caters to segment such as aerospace, energy, industrial and transportation.
- 1977 –– Indian Seamless Metal Tubes was incorporated.
- 1980 –– The company started commercial production of specialized seamless tubes.
- 1988 –– Taneja Aerospace & Aviation was incorporated.
- 1989 –– Indian Seamless Steels & Alloys was incorporated.
- 1994 –– Taneja Aerospace & Aviation received its first certification of airworthy flight/ commercial production. Indian Seamless Steels & Alloys started its commercial production.
- 1999 –– Kalyani Seamless Tubes was merged with Indian Seamless Metal Tubes.
- 2005 –– Indian Seamless Metal Tubes and Indian Seamless Steels and Alloys Ltd were merged to form ?óÔé¼?£ISMT?óÔé¼Ôäó.
- 2007 –– ISMT acquired a 100% stake in Structo Hydraulic AB, Sweden.
The company is setting up an expansion project at Baramati, which will increase its production from 155,000 MT per annum to 475,000 MT per annum.