NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Infosys Limited (NASDAQ: INFY) was started in 1981 by seven people with $250. Today, we are a global leader in the 'next generation' of IT and consulting with revenues of $6.35 billion (LTM Q1–FY12). Infosys defines, designs and delivers technology–enabled business solutions that help Global 2000 companies win in a Flat World. Infosys also provides a complete range of services by leveraging their domain and business expertise and strategic alliances with leading technology providers.
Infosys' offerings span business and technology consulting, application services, systems integration, product engineering, custom software development, maintenance, re–engineering, independent testing and validation services, IT infrastructure services and business process outsourcing. Infosys pioneered the Global Delivery Model (GDM), which emerged as a disruptive force in the industry leading to the rise of offshore outsourcing. The GDM is based on the principle of taking work to the location where the best talent is available, where it makes the best economic sense, with the least amount of acceptable risk.
Infosys takes pride in building strategic long–term client relationships. Over 97% of their revenues come from existing customers.Infosys has global presence through its 50 offices and development centers spread across India, China, Australia, the Czech Republic, Poland, the UK, Canada and Japan. Infosys and its subsidiaries have 133,560 employees as on June 30, 2011. Infosys’s Finacle is Universal banking solution that caters to core banking, e–banking, Islamic banking, treasury, wealth management and CRM requirements of retail, corporate and global banks. It is used by over 106 banks across 61countries,namely UK US, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India, Zimbabwe, Saudi Arabia, Maldives, Nepal, etc
Software Engineering & Technology Labs (SETLabs) is the research arm of Infosys. it is at the forefront of anticipating and shaping the evolution of technology and its impact on business. Infosys SETLabs undertakes targeted R&D to address your business problems. Our researchers are engaged in cutting–edge research to share insights with clients. We focus on research areas such as Malleable Architecture, Pervasive Access, Flexible Processes and Personalized Information. These areas constitute the fundamental business technology components of a progressive, information–centered enterprise.
Products and Services offered by the company:
- Application Services
- Architecture Services
- Enterprise Quality Services
- Independent Validation Services
- Information Management Services
- Infrastructure Services
- Packaged Application Services
- SOA Services
- Systems Integration Services
- Product Engineering
- Manufacturing Process and Plant Solutions
- Lifecycle Management
- Consulting Services
- Information & Technology Strategies
- Product Innovation
- Next Generation Commerce
- Core Process Excellence
- Learning & Complex Change
- Business Platforms
- Customer Service Outsourcing
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resource Outsourcing
- Knowledge Services
- Legal Services
- Order Management
- Sourcing and Procurement Outsourcing
Product and Platforms
- Collaborative Analytics
- Infosys ActiveDesk
- Infosys mConnect
- Infosys Unified Communications and Collaboration (UC)
Subsidiaries of the company:
- Infosys BPO
- Infosys Consulting
- Infosys Australia
- Infosys China
- Infosys Mexico
- 1981 – Infosys was incorporated by N R Narayana Murthy and six engineers in Pune, India with an initial capital of $250. In the same year, the company received an order from its first client Data Basics Corporation of New York.
- 1983 – The company shifts its headquarters from Pune to Bangalore.
- 1987 – The company opens its first international office in Boston, US.
- 1993 – Infosys Introduced Employee Stock Options (ESOP) program. The same year company received ISO 9001/TickIT certification
- 1994 –The company relocated its corporate headquarters to Electronics City, Bangalore. It opened a development center at Fremont.
- 1995 – The company opened its first European office in the UK and Global Development Centers at Toronto and Mangalore. It also established e–Business practice.
- 1996 – The Infosys Foundation was set up.
- 1997 – The software major set up an office in Toronto, Canada. The company was assessed at CMM Level 4.
- 1998 – The company began enterprise solutions (packaged applications) practices.
- 1999 – The company generated revenues of $100 million. In 1999, Infosys was listed in NASDAQ. Later in the year 2006, the company became part of NASDAQ–100; it was first Indian and only the company to be part of any of the major global indices. It achieved a CMM Level 5 certification. The same year the company commissioned various offices in Germany, Sweden, Belgium, Australia, and two development centers in the US. The company launched Infosys Business Consulting Services.
- 2000 – The company’s revenues touched $200 million mark. Infosys opened offices in France and Hong Kong, a global development center in Canada and UK, and three development centers in the US. It company re–launched its universal banking solution– Banks 2000 as Finacle.
- 2001 – The company touched $400 million revenues mark. It set up offices in UAE and Argentina, and a development center in Japan. Infosys was rated as the Best Employer by Business World/Hewitt
- 2002 – Infosys touched $ 500 million revenues mark. Nandan M Nilekani takes over as CEO from N R Narayana Murthy, who is appointed Chairman and Chief Mentor. The company opened offices in the Netherlands, Singapore and Switzerland. Infosys collaborated with the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania to set up The Wharton Infosys Business Transformation Awards (WIBTA). The same year, company launched Progeon, that offers business process outsourcing services.
- 2003 – The company established subsidiaries in China and Australia. It expanded its operations in Pune and China and established a Development Center in Thiruvananthapuram
- 2004 – The company touched $1 billion revenues mark. Infosys Consulting Inc was launched.
- 2005 – The company records the largest international equity offering of $1 billion from India.
- 2006 – Infosys celebrated 25 years of its existence. The company touches $2 billion revenues mark. The employee strength grew to 50,000+. N R Narayana Murthy retired from the services of the company and board of directors appointed him as an Additional Director. He continues Board of Directors appoints him as an Additional Director.
- 2007 – Infosys crossed revenues of $3 billion. Employees strength grew to over 70,000+. Kris Gopalakrishnan, COO became CEO and Nandan M Nilekani was appointed as Co–Chairman of the board of directors. The company set up a new subsidiary in Latin America.
- 2008 – Infosys crossed revenues of $4.18 billion.
- 2009 – Infosys USA Foundation has provided a grant for the New York City (NYC) Science Education Initiative to spread science literacy among students of underserved communities.
- 2011 – The company bags Rs 700–crore financial services systems integrator contract from the Department of Posts (DoP). This is the second contract from the department for Infosys.
The company's certifications include SEI–CMMI Level 5, CMM Level 5, PCMM Level 5, TL 9000 and ISO 9001–2000.
Infosys has been ranked as a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Oracle Application Services Providers, Q1 2014 report
Infosys inducted into the Winner’s Circle in the HfS Enterprise Mobility Services Blueprint Report 2014
Infosys awarded the Highest LEED Rating for two buildings in Hyderabad
Infosys named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: North American Applications Outsourcing, Q1 2014
Infosys Finacle has been rated as a ‘Best–in–Class’ provider by CEB TowerGroup in its report titled ‘Core Banking Systems for the Large Bank Market’
Infosys begins trading on NYSE Euronext London and Paris markets
Infosys Edge™ wins the NASSCOM Business Innovation Award for 2013
Infosys presented with ‘2013 Environmental Tracking Carbon Ranking Leader’ award
Infosys has been awarded the 2013 Ian Kiernan Award for Corporate Social Responsibility by the Australian Human Resources Institute.
Asiamoney’s annual Corporate Governance Poll 2013 votes Infosys as the best in several categories including ‘Best Overall for Corporate Governance’ and ‘Best for Investor Relations’.
Infosys bags platinum at the Asset Excellence in Management and Corporate Awards 2013.
Infosys ranked third globally for corporate governance practices and second best for IR website in India by IR Global Rankings 2013.
The National Outsourcing Association (NOA) has presented Infosys and BT with the 2013 award for excellence in telecommunication, utilities and hi–tech outsourcing.
Infosys has been positioned in the winner’s circle in HfS Enterprise Analytics Services Blueprint 2013. The report recognizes Infosys for its significant scale in analytics, execution excellence across service areas, and responsiveness to clients.
The CEB TowerGroup Mobile Banking Solutions Technology Analysis report has recognized Infosys Finacle as a ‘Best–in–Class’ provider.
Infosys BPO has been positioned in the Leaders category in Everest Group’s Procurement Outsourcing (PO) Service Provider Landscape with PEAK Matrix Assessment 2013 report.
Infosys is a winner of the prestigious Global Most Admired Knowledge Enterprise (MAKE) Award 2013 for the ninth time. We have also won the Asian MAKE Award eleven times in a row.
Infosys topped the 2013 Institutional Investor Rankings among all Indian companies across sectors.
Finacle won the prestigious Best Core Banking Technology award in the Innovation in Technology and Transaction Banking Awards 2013, organized by The Banker (a Financial Times publication).
Infosys China was recognized among the ‘2013 Top 10 Global Services Providers’ in China at the 5th Annual China Sourcing Summit.
Infosys Public Services recognized by Avivia Health from Kaiser Permanente as a strategic partner to develop its innovative gamification platform to improve consumer engagement.
Infosys Public Services Inc. has been named in the ‘Healthcare’s Hottest Companies for 2013’ list by Modern Healthcare, a leading healthcare publication for senior decision–makers.
Infosys honored in 2013 Institutional Investor All–Asia Rankings.
Infosys received Global Telecoms Business Innovation Award with BT .
Infosys named IBM’s Smarter Commerce Business Partner of the Year for Australia and New Zealand.
Infosys received the global award for excellence in biomedical engineering.
Infosys won CorpU’s Learning Excellence and Innovation Award 2013 for ‘Connect Architecture’ program.
Infosys recognized as a 2013 Environmental Tracking Carbon Ranking Leader for longstanding commitment to sustainability.
InStep, the global internship program at Infosys, won the National Council for Work Experience (NCWE) Award 2013 in the ‘Best Large Organization – Short Term Placements’ category.
Infosys positioned as a ‘leader’ in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Oracle Applications Management Service Providers, Worldwide.
Infosys Cloud Ecosystem Hub conferred 2012 Golden Peacock award for the ‘Most Innovative Product / Service’.
Infosys Edge won the NASSCOM Business Innovation Award 2013.
Infosys ranked as a ‘leader’ in The Forrester Wave: Enterprise Mobility Services, Q1 2013 report.
Infosys ranked No.1 among the best managed companies in Asia Pacific in the annual Euromoney Best Managed Companies in Asia survey, 2013.
Listed on the NYSE market
Infosys acquires Lodestone Holding AG, a leading management consultancy based in Switzerland
Forbes ranks Infosys among the world's most innovative companies
Infosys among top 25 performers in Caring for Climate Initiative
Infosys awarded National Energy Conservation Award 2012 for energy conservation efforts at its campuses in Jaipur and Pune, India .
Infosys Finacle ranked as a ‘long–term leader’ in The Forrester Wave: Global Banking Platforms, Q4 2012, published by Forrester Research.
Infosys recognized for its corporate governance practices, financial disclosures, and IR website in the 2012 IR Global Rankings.
Infosys BPO won the 2012 Optimas Award for ‘Managing Change’.
Infosys BPO received the Gold Award for Marketing Excellence in the category 'Marketing with Social and Interactive Media'.
Infosys named a ‘leader’ In IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Oracle Implementation Ecosystem.
Infosys won the 2012 Microsoft Platform Modernization award.
Infosys received three Oracle Excellence Awards.
Infosys positioned as a ‘leader’ in the Magic Quadrant for International Retail Core Banking 2012.
Infosys BPO won a Golden Peacock HR Excellence Award 2012.
Infosys recognized as one of the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in the United States.
Infosys BPO rated ‘Positive’ in the North American Life Insurance Policy Administration Vendors.
Infosys BPO won the Best Learning & Development Award 2012 in the ‘Innovation in Learning’ category.
Infosys ranked among the top 2 on IAOP’s 2012 ‘Global Outsourcing 100’ List.
The Infosys Annual Report 2011–12 won the ‘Silver’ in the 2011 Vision Awards Annual Report Competition instituted by The League of American Communications Professionals LLC (LACP).
Finacle from Infosys won the Core Banking Technology Provider of the Year award.
Infosys identified as an ‘innovation leader’ in India in KPMG’s 2012 Global Technology Innovation Survey.
Infosys honored with the No. 1 Company for Investor Relations in India award at the Thomson.
Infosys ranked first in the IT Services & Software sector at the 2012 Institutional Investors All–Asia Executive Team in two categories – Best Investor Relations nominated by the buy–side’, Best Investor Relations nominated by the sell–side'
Infosys BPO positioned in the ‘Leaders Quadrant’ of the Magic Quadrant for Finance and Accounting BPO.
Infosys identified among top 25 performers in Caring for Climate Initiative.
Infosys won Pegasystems Excellence in Solution Development award.
Infosys BPO received Outsourcing Excellence Award 2012.
Infosys honored with the 2012 IT Partner of the Year Award from Analog Devices.
InStep, global internship program from Infosys, won the prestigious National Council for Work Experience (NCWE) Award for ‘Work Placement of the Year 2012’.
Infosys BPO received 7 awards at the World HRD Congress 2012.
Infosys recognized as a ‘leader’ in Consulting, Solutions and Services for Life Sciences Industry in IDC MarketScape.
Infosys won the 2011 Global Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE) Award – the first and only Indian company to win the award eight times.
Infosys ranked 4th in 2011 Bliss Leap Awards.
Infosys ranked No. 1 in all the 4 categories – ‘Best IR website,’ ‘Best Online Annual Report’, ‘Best Financial Disclosure,’ and ‘Best Corporate Governance Practices’ – at the 2011 IR Global Rankings in India.
Infosys recognized in Institutional Investor magazine's 2011 All–Asia Executive Team Rankings.
Infosys won ‘Platinum Award’ in The Asset Corporate 2010 Awards.
Infosys topped Asiamoney’s poll on best practices in corporate governance.
Infosys voted the most admired Indian company in the Businessworld Most Respected Companies 2011 survey.
Infosys, the most preferred company to work for in India: Business Today survey
- Infosys wins the RMMY 'Best in Show' award for the third year in a row
- Infosys among Top 20 Global Companies to win the Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE) Award 2010
- Infosys BPO wins 'BPO Organization of the Year' and 'Fun at Work' awards from Stars of the Industry Opens
- Infosys wins American Society for Training & Development (ASTD) award for excellence in inclusivity
- Infosys BPO bags Excellence Award for diversity hiring initiatives
- Infosys BPO wins special award at the 2008 NOA Awards
- Infosys BPO wins the Global Six Sigma award
- Infosys wins two Banker Technology Awards for its exceptional work in wholesale and capital markets
- Infosys wins Eastman Chemical's Supplier Excellence Award for the second consecutive year
- Infosys received the '2007 Vendor of the Year' award from Ameriprise Financial
- Infosys wins Investor Relations Global Rankings 2008 awards in APAC categories
- Infosys becomes the first Indian company to win Nielsen Norman Group's Intranet Design Annual Award
- Infosys wins the 2007 Optimas Award in the 'Global Outlook' category
Infosys was ranked among the top 50 most respected companies in the world by Reputation Institute’s Global Reputation Pulse 2009.
Infosys won Sears Holding Corporation's Partners in Progress award for the second consecutive year.
Infosysalso won HDS' Diamond Award for 'Best Virtualization Strategy' and Platinum Award for 'Best Green Strategy for a Data Center'.
Infosys was also listed in the Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE) 2008 study and Forbes' Asian Fabulous 50 for the fourth consecutive year.
The company was conferred with the NASSCOM gender inclusivity award and the Asset magazine acclaimed their Corporate Governance, acknowledging their corporate policies and practices as amongst the best in the industry