NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
ICICI Bank was originally promoted in 1994 by ICICI Limited, an Indian financial institution, and was its wholly–owned subsidiary. ICICI's shareholding in ICICI Bank was reduced to 46% through a public offering of shares in India in fiscal 1998, an equity offering in the form of ADRs listed on the NYSE in fiscal 2000, ICICI Bank's acquisition of Bank of Madura Limited in an all–stock amalgamation in fiscal 2001, and secondary market sales by ICICI to institutional investors in fiscal 2001 and fiscal 2002.
ICICI was formed in 1955 at the initiative of the World Bank, the Government of India and representatives of Indian industry. The principal objective was to create a development financial institution for providing medium–term and long–term project financing to Indian businesses. In the 1990s, ICICI transformed its business from a development financial institution offering only project finance to a diversified financial services group offering a wide variety of products and services, both directly and through a number of subsidiaries and affiliates like ICICI Bank. In 1999, ICICI become the first Indian company and the first bank or financial institution from non–Japan Asia to be listed on the NYSE.
After consideration of various corporate structuring alternatives in the context of the emerging competitive scenario in the Indian banking industry, and the move towards universal banking, the managements of ICICI and ICICI Bank formed the view that the merger of ICICI with ICICI Bank would be the optimal strategic alternative for both entities, and would create the optimal legal structure for the ICICI group's universal banking strategy. The merger would enhance value for ICICI shareholders through the merged entity's access to low–cost deposits, greater opportunities for earning fee–based income and the ability to participate in the payments system and provide transaction–banking services. The merger would enhance value for ICICI Bank shareholders through a large capital base and scale of operations, seamless access to ICICI's strong corporate relationships built up over five decades, entry into new business segments, higher market share in various business segments, particularly fee–based services, and access to the vast talent pool of ICICI and its subsidiaries.
In October 2001, the Boards of Directors of ICICI and ICICI Bank approved the merger of ICICI and two of its wholly–owned retail finance subsidiaries, ICICI Personal Financial Services Limited and ICICI Capital Services Limited, with ICICI Bank. The merger was approved by shareholders of ICICI and ICICI Bank in January 2002, by the High Court of Gujarat at Ahmedabad in March 2002, and by the High Court of Judicature at Mumbai and the Reserve Bank of India in April 2002. Consequent to the merger, the ICICI group's financing and banking operations, both wholesale and retail, have been integrated in a single entity.
ICICI Bank is India's second–largest bank with total assets of Rs. 4,062.34 billion ($91 billion) at March 31, 2011 and profit after tax Rs. 51.51 billion ($1,155 million) for the year ended March 31, 2011. The Bank has a network of 2,535 branches and 6,810 ATMs in India, and has a presence in 19 countries, including India. ICICI Bank offers a wide range of banking products and financial services to corporate and retail customers through a variety of delivery channels and through its specialised subsidiaries in the areas of investment banking, life and non–life insurance, venture capital and asset management.
The Bank currently has subsidiaries in the United Kingdom, Russia and Canada, branches in United States, Singapore, Bahrain, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, Qatar and Dubai International Finance Centre and representative offices in United Arab Emirates, China, South Africa, Bangladesh, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia. Their UK subsidiary has established branches in Belgium and Germany.
ICICI Bank's equity shares are listed in India on Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India Limited and its American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
Services offered by the company:
Investments & Insurance
- Money Transfer
- Bank Accounts
- Home Loans
- Loans against FD
- ICICI Bank has been honoured as The Best Service Provider – Risk Management, India at The Asset Triple A Transaction Banking, Treasury, Trade and Risk Management Awards 2014.
- ICICI Bank has won The Corporate Treasurer Awards 2013 in the categories of 'Best Cash Management Bank in India' & 'Best Trade Finance Bank in India'.
- ICICI Bank has been awarded the 'Best Retail Bank in India', 'Best Microfinance Business' and Best Retail Banking Branch Innovation' under the 'Excellence in Retail Financial Services awards 2014' by The Asian Banker.
- ICICI Bank has been adjudged winner at the Express IT Innovation Award under the Large Enterprise category.
- ICICI Bank wins awards under the categories of 'Most Innovative Bank' and 'Most Innovative use of Multi–Channel Infrastructure' at the Indian Bank's Association's BANCON Innovation Awards 2013.
- ICICI Bank won the Asian Banking & Finance Retail Banking Award 2013 for the Online Banking Initiative of the Year
- ICICI Bank won an award under the Social Media category at the InformationWeek EDGE Award
- ICICI Bank received the award for 'Best Private Sector Banker' by the Sunday Standard Best Bankers Awards 2013.
- ICICI Bank has been awarded the 'Best Banker – All round expansion' by the Sunday Standard Best Bankers Awards 2013.
- ICICI Bank won 'Best Banker – Efficiency & Profitability' by the Sunday Standard Best Bankers Awards 2013.
- ICICI Bank has won the Trade Finance Magazine Award for Excellence 2013, under the category of 'Asia Pacific Awards : Best Trade Bank in India'
- ICICI Bank received the Asian Banking & Finance Wholesale Banking Awards 2013 for the India Domestic Trade Finance Bank of the Year
- ICICI Bank Limited has been awarded as the Best Private Sector Bank under the category Global Business Development for the Dun & Bradstreet – Polaris Financial Technology Banking Awards 2013
- ICICI Bank has been one of the recipients of the Corporate Governance Asia Annual Recognition Awards 2013
- ICICI Bank has won the Best Bank Award for Use of IT for Business Innovation Among Large Banks from the Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT)
- ICICI Bank has receieved the Special Award for Best IT Team Among Private Sector Banks from the Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT)
- ICICI Bank won the Special Award for Electronic Payment Systems Among Large Banks from the Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT)
- ICICI Bank receievd Special Award for Mobile Banking Among Large Banks from the Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT)
- ICICI Bank ranks 10th in Fortune India's list of 50 most admired companies in India.
- ICICI Bank Limited has been conferred the Best Remittance Business award at The Asian Banker's International Excellence in Retail Financial Services 2013 Awards ceremony.
- ICICI Bank was honored with the Medici Innovation Hall of Fame Award, instituted by The Medici Institute in collaboration with the Medici Group, USA.
- ICICI Bank and its IT partner Fundtech won The Asian Banker Technology Implementation Award for the Convergence Banking project from Asian Banker.
- ICICI Bank awarded the Most Admired Infrastructure Debt Financer and PPP Project of the Year: Yamuna Expressway Project, in the 5th KPMG Infrastructure Today Awards by ASAPP Media Information Group, publishers of Infrastructure Today in association with KPMG
- ICICI Bank was awarded a ''Special IT Innovation Award'' by Lenovo – NASSCOM and CNBC–TV18.
- ICICI Bank was the winner of ''6th Loyalty Awards'' for My Savings Rewards.
- ICICI Bank UK PLC's online savings product HiSAVE won the ''Highly Commended'' (2nd rank) at the Consumer Moneyfacts Awards.
- ICICI Bank received the ''Gram Samvad'',Service for Low cost/Small budget marketing initiative Award by Rural Marketing Association of India (RMAI).
- ICICI Bank won the Best domestic bank, India by The Asset Triple A Country Awards.
- ICICI Bank received the Golden Peacock Innovative Product / Service Award for its Tab Banking project. The Golden Peacock Awards were instituted by the Institute of Directors and was headed by Justice P N Bhagwati, Ex Chief Justice of India.
- ICICI Bank received the ''Dataquest Technology Innovation Awards 2012'' for Data center migration by Dataquest.
- ICICI Bank was conferred the Best Performance Award for Self Help Group (SHG) Bank Linkage Programme in NABARD's State Level Awards announced by their Maharashtra Regional Office. The Bank received the first prize for the year 2010–11 in the Private Sector Bank category and 2nd runner up for the year 2011–12 in the Commercial Bank category.
- ICICI Bank won the Best Bank – India Award by The Banker.
- ICICI Bank tops the list of ''Private sector and Foreign Banks'' by Brand Equity, Most Trusted Brands 2012. It ranks 15th in the ''Top Service 50 Brands''.
- ICICI Bank tops the list of most fans in India and globally ranks fifth amongst financial institutions on Facebook in the social media engagement study conducted by Ketchum Sampark.
- ICICI Bank in the Private Sector Bank category won the Best Technology Bank Of The Year ,Best Financial Inclusion Initiative and Best Use Of Technology In Training and e–Learning by Indian Bank's Association (IBA) Technology Awards. The Bank also received the first runner up for Best Online Bank, Best Customer Relationship Initiative and Best Use Of Mobility Technology in Banking by IBA Technology Awards .
- ICICI Bank awarded the Best SME Bank for Treasury and Working Capital (India) by The Asset Triple A.
- ICICI Bank received the Best Trade Finance House and Best Cash Management House by The Corporate Treasurer Alliance Country Awards.
- ICICI Bank awarded the Best Private Sector Bank in Global Business Development, Rural Reach and SME financing categories by Dun & Bradstreet – Polaris Financial Technology Banking Awards.
- For the fifth year in a row, ICICI Bank was awarded the ''Best Foreign Exchange Bank (India)'' by Finance Asia Country Awards. The Bank also received the ''Best Bond House (India)''.
- ICICI Bank awarded the Best Trade Finance bank in India by GTR Asia Leaders in Trade Awards 2012.
- ICICI Bank featured as the top Indian brand to be listed in the annual BrandZ's Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands study.
- ICICI Bank won the ''Best Bond House (India) 2011'', by IFR Asia
- ICICI Bank awarded the Best Bank (India) by Global Finance
- ICICI Bank won the ''Century International Quality Era Award'' at Geneva. The award recognizes commitment towards Quality, Excellence, Customer Satisfaction, Leadership and Strategic Planning as established in the QC 100 model of Total Quality Management (TQM).
- ICICI Bank was recognised for the first Credit Default Swap (CDS) deal in India at the Fimmda annual conference in Kuala Lumpur.
- The bank tops the list of 'Most Trusted Private Sector Bank' and ranks 10th in the list of 'India's Most Trusted Service Brands' by Brand Equity, Most Trusted Brands 2011
- The bank received the Best Manpower Efficient Award amongst private sector banks by FICCI – IBA
- The bank won the Best Local Bank – Gold by Trade and Forfaiting Awards, UK
- The bank was awarded The Asset Triple A Awards, Hongkong for – Best domestic transaction bank (India), For 6th consecutive year won the best domestic trade finance bank (India), Best domestic cash management bank (India), Best e–Commerce Bank (India), and Best SME Bank (India)
- The bank is the only Indian brand to figure in the BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands Report 2011, second year in a row.
- The bank ranked 5th in the list of '57 Indian Companies', and 288th in World Rankings in Forbes Global 2000 list
- The bank has won the 'Banking Technology Awards 2010' at The Indian Banks Association in the following categories – Best Financial Inclusion Initiative' (first prize), Best Online Bank ( runner up), Best use of Business Intelligence ( runner up) and Technology Bank of the year ( runner up)
- The bank was recognized for its Special Citation of the Fully Electronic Branch Service Channel, first set up at Hiranandani Estate, Thane, at the Financial Insights Innovation Awards held in conjunction with Asian Financial Services Congress
- For the second year in a row, the bank was ranked 70th in the Brandirectory league tables of the world’s most valuable brands by, The BrandFinance Banking 500.
- ICICI Bank UK, HiSAVE product range has been awarded the Consumer Moneyfacts Awards 2011 for the 'Best Online Savings Provider'
- The bank ranked second in the financial services sector in Business World’s, “Most Respected Company Awards 2011'
- The bank was ranked 1st in the Banking and Finance category and 9th in the '2010 Best Companies To Work For' by Business Today
- The bank awarded the most Tech–friendly Bank award by Business World
- The bank was voted as the Most Trusted Brand among private sector banks in the 2010 Economic Times – Brand Equity Most Trusted Brands Awards and ranked 7th in the list of Top 50 service brands
- The bank received the 2010 World Finance UK award for – Excellence in remittance business, Worldwide, Excellence in NRI Services, Worldwide, Excellence in private banking business, APAC Region
- ICICI Bank UK, HiSAVE has been awarded 'Best Online Savings Account Provider 2010 ' by Your Money, direct consumer awards, UK
- ICICI Bank UK, HiSAVE has been commended for 'Best Internet Account Provider 2010' and 'Best Fixed Rate Account Provider 2010' by Moneyfacts, an independent consumer finance leading aggregator
- For the sixth time in a row, The bank has received the Most Preferred Auto Loan Brand in the Financials Services category at the CNBC Consumer Awards
- The bank has won Gold in the Readers Digest Trusted Brands 2010 Consumer award in the Finance category for a) Best Bank and b) Best Credit Card Issuing Bank
- The bank won the Best Trade Finance Bank and Best Foreign Exchange Bank, India at the Finance Asia Country Awards for Achievement, Hong Kong
- The bank won the Best Local Bank by Trade and Forfaiting Review, UK
- The bank received the Best Trade Finance Bank in India by The Asset Triple A Award, Hong Kong
- The bank was awarded the Best Trade Finance Bank in South Asia by GTR (Global Trade Review), UK
- The bank amongst the top 3 to receive the FE– EVI Green Business Leaders Award, in the banking industry
- The bank wins the Asian Banker Award for Best Banking Security System
- The bank is the first and the only Indian brand to be ranked as the 45th most valuable global brand by BrandZ Top 100 Global Brands Report.
- The bank ranked 1st in the term money category, from a list of 38 leading Banks by the German magazine, Euro. Since commencement of business two years ago in the German market, this is the 5th certification/award including 2 certifications from Stiftung warrenttest (for Savings and Term Deposits) and three 'Best Bank' rankings by Euro magazine.
- Forbes' 2000 most powerful listed companies' survey ranked The bank 4th among the Indian companies and 282nd globally.
- The bank was awarded The Asian Banker Achievement Award 2009 for Cash Management in India.
- ICICI Group Global Private Clients (GPC) has won the coveted 'Euromoney Private Banking Award 2010' for Best Bank in the Super–Affluent Category ($500,000 to $1 million) – India.
- The bank wins the Asian Banker Award for Excellence in SME Banking 2009
- The bank won the second prize in the Six Sigma Excellence Awards, conducted by Indian Statistical institute, Bangalore for 'Improving Sales for TV Banking business'
- ICICI Bank Mobile Banking was adjudged 'Best Bank Award for Initiatives in Mobile Payments and Banking' by IDRBT, on May 18, 2009 in Hyderabad.
- ICICI Bank's b2 branchfree banking was adjudged 'Best E–Banking Project Implementation Award 2008' by The Asian Banker, on May 11, 2009 at the China World Hotel in Beijing.
- ICICI Bank bags the “Best bank in SME financing (Private Sector)” at the Dun & Bradstreet Banking awards 2009.
- ICICI Bank NRI services win the “Excellence in Business Model Innovation Award” in the eighth Asian Banker Excellence in Retail Financial Services Awards Programme.
- ICICI Bank's Rural Micro Banking and Agri–Business Group wins WOW Event & Experiential Marketing Award in two categories – “Rural Marketing programme of the year” and “Small Budget On Ground Promotion of the Year”. These awards were given for Cattle Loan 'Kamdhenu Campaign' and 'Talkies on the move campaign' respectively.
- ICICI Bank's Germany Branch has been certified by “Stiftung Warrentest”. ICICI Bank is ranked 2nd amongst 57 savings products across 19 banks
- ICICI Bank Germany won the yearly banking test of the investor magazine euro in the “call money” category.
- The ICICI Bank was awarded the runner's up position in Gartner Business Intelligence and Excellence Award for Asia Pacific for its Business Intelligence functions.
- ICICI Bank's Organisational Excellence Group was recently awarded ISO 9001:2008 certification by TUV Nord. The scope of certification comprised processes around consulting and capability building on methods of quality & improvements.
- ICICI Bank has been awarded the following titles under The Asset Triple A Country Awards for 2009:
- Best Transaction Bank in India
- Best Trade Finance Bank in India
- Best Cash Management Bank in India
- Best Domestic Custodian in India
- ICICI Bank has bagged the Best Cash Management Bank in India award for the second year in a row. The other awards have been bagged for the third year in a row.
- ICICI Bank Canada received the prestigious Canadian Helen Keller Award at the Canadian Helen Keller Centre's Fifth Annual Luncheon in Toronto. The award was given to ICICI Bank its long–standing support to this unique training centre for people who are deaf–blind.
- ICICI Bank wins World Finance 2009 Banking Awards for Best NRI Services Bank.
- ICICI Bank wins Asset Triple A Investment Awards for the Best Derivative House, India. In addition ICICI Bank were Highly commended, Local Currency Structured product, India for 1.5 year ADR GDR linked Range Accrual Note.
- October 25, 2010 – ICICI Bank and American Express Global Network Services Launch ICICI American Express Prepaid Travel Card
- October 06, 2010 – The bank launches website in Hindi
- September 30, 2010 – ICICI Bank has launched its first retail branch in Singapore, setting the stage for its next phase of growth
- August 13, 2010 – Amalgamation of Bank of Rajasthan Ltd. with ICICI Bank Ltd