NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Havells India was incorporated in 1983 is a billion–dollar company and is one of the largest & India’s fastest growing electrical and power distribution equipment manufacturer with products ranging from Industrial & Domestic Circuit Protection Switchgear, Cables & Wires, Motors, Water Heaters, Fans, Power Capacitors, CFL Lamps, Luminaires for Domestic, Commercial & Industrial applications and Modular Switches covering the entire gamut of household, commercial and industrial electrical needs.
Havells owns some of the prestigious global brands like Crabtree, Sylvania, Concord, Lumiance & Linolite. With 94 branches / representative offices and over 5000 professionals in over 50 countries across the globe, the group has achieved rapid success in the past few years. Its 12 state–of–the–art manufacturing units in India located at Haridwar, Baddi, Noida, Faridabad, Alwar, Neemrana, and 6 state–of–the–art manufacturing plants located across Europe, Latin America & Africa churn out globally acclaimed products. Havells is a name synonymous with excellence and expertise in the electrical industry. Its 20,000 strong global distribution network is prompt to service customers.
The company has acquired a number of International certifications, like CSA, KEMA, CB, CE, ASTA, CPA, SEMKO, SIRIUM (Malaysia), SPRING (Singapore), TSE (Turkey), SNI (Indonesia) and EDD (Bahrain) for various products. Today, Havells and its brands have emerged as the preferred choice of electrical products for discerning individuals and industrial consumers both in India and abroad.
In an attempt to transform itself from an industrial product company to a consumer products company, Havells launched the consumer electrical products such as CFLs, Fans, Modular Switches & Luminaires. The company has been consistent in its brand promotion with sponsorship of Cricket events like T20 World Cup, India–Australia Series and IPL Season first, second and third.
The company has also taken the initiative to reach directly to the consumers through 'Havells Galaxy' – a one stop shop for all electrical and lighting needs.
Havells manufactures products such as industrial and domestic circuit protection switchgears, cables and wires, motors, fans, power capacitors, CFL lamps, luminaires for domestic, commercial and industrial applications, modular switches, and bath fittings covering the entire range of household, commercial and industrial electrical needs.
- Introduced fans Category under the Standard Brand.
- Entered the business of Self Priming Monoblock Pumps.
- Launch Copper Flexible Cables under the Standard brand
- Launch of Crabtree XPRO Switchgear
- Set up of new Lighting Fixtures plant in Neemrana
- Installed India’s first large scale lighting fixtures plant at Neemrana, Rajasthan.
- Launch of Domestic Appliances
- Set up of new Industrial Switchgear Plant in Sahibabad
- Launch of new range of Control Gear Cosmic Star series
- Launch of Havells brand in US & Mexico
- Sets up 2nd unit for Fan manufacturing at Haridwar.
- Acquired 100% interest in Standard Electricals
- Sets up World's First New Generation CMH Lamp Plant at Neemrana.
- Enter into Electric Water Heaters business.
- Set up of fully automatic 2nd unit for switchgear manufacturing at Baddi.
- Global consolidation of CFL manufacturing plant at Neemrana for domestic and export purposes.
- Launch of India's 1st HPF CFL
- Launch of India's 1st BEE 5 Rated Fan
- First Indian CFL manufacturers to have adopted RoHS, European norms on Restriction of Hazardous Substances in CFLs.
- Set up of Global Corporate office, QRG Towers at Expressway Noida
- Investment of Rs.50 Crores in Global Center for Research and Innovation (CRI)
- Set up of fully automatic plant for Havells Lafert Motors at Neemrana
- Change in Corporate BRAND identity
- Set–up of Capacitor manufacturing plant in Noida, UP with the capacity of 6, 00,000 kVAr per month.
- Acquired the Lighting business of a Frankfurt based company 'Sylvania', a global leader in lighting business and now the company's turnover crosses $1 Billion.
- Warburg Pincus, a global private equity firm and one of the largest investors in India, invested $110 million in Havells India Ltd. Havells issued fresh shares to Warburg Pincus, representing approximately 11.2% of the fully diluted share capital of the company.
- QRG Group entered healthcare business by acquiring a majority stake in Central Hospital and Research Centre, Faridabad.
- Crabtree India merged with Havells India.
- Added CFL production unit in Haridwar manufacturing plant.
- Expansion at Alwar manufacturing plant for increase of production capacity.
- Expansion at Baddi manufacturing plant and set–up of an Export Oriented Unit.
- First Company to get the ISI Certification for complete range of CFLs.
- Started mid–day meal program at Alwar, Rajasthan caters to 10,000 students from 77 schools.
- Set up manufacturing plant in Haridwar, Uttaranchal for manufacturing Fans.
- Awarded the KEMA certification by The Dutch Council for Accreditation, making QRG the only group to attain this certification.
- Set up of R&D Center in Noida H.O.
- Set up manufacturing plant at Baddi , HP for manufacturing of Domestic Switchgear.
- Set up a manufacturing plant for manufacturing of CFL at existing manufacturing plant in Faridabad, Haryan.
- Set up a manufacturing plant for manufacturing of Ceiling Fans at Noida, UP.
- Set–up our own marketing office in London through our wholly owned subsidiary company Havells U.K. Ltd.
- In December, 2004 placed 235 fully convertible debentures of Rs 10 Lacs on Shine, Mauritius and the debenture will be converted in June, 2006.
- Attained the CE certificate for CFL.
- Launch of Fans, CFL and Lighting
- Standard Electrical Company becomes a 100% Subsidiary of the company.
- Attained the IEC certification for Industrial switchgear and CSA certification for all manufacturing plants.
- Acquired business of Havells Industries Ltd, MCCB of Crabtree India Limited and merged ECS Limited in the company to consolidate its area of core competence.
- Acquired controlling stake in Duke Arnics Electronics (P) Limited engaged in manufacturing of Electronic Meters–Single Phase, Three Phase, Multi Function, Tri Vectors.
- Acquired controlling interest in an industry major–Standard Electricals Ltd.
- Introduced high–end Ferraris Meters in Joint Venture with DZG, Germany.
- Acquired Electric Control & Switchboards at NOIDA, UP for manufacturing customized packaged solutions.
- Set up another manufacturing plant at Faridabad, Haryana for Control Gear Products.
- Set up a manufacturing plant at Sahibabad, UP for Changeover Switches.
- Started manufacturing MCBs at Badli, Delhi in Joint Venture with Geyer, Germany.
- Acquired Towers and Transformers and turned it into a profitably manufacturing Energy Meters Company in 1 year.