NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
INDEPENDENT AUDITOR'S REPORT
TO THE MEMBERS OF
GRAND FOUNDRY LIMITED,
Report on the Financial Statements
1. We have audited the accompanying financial statements of Grand Foundry Limited, ("the Company"), which comprise the Balance Sheet as at March 31, 2015, and the Statements of Profit and Loss and Cash Flow for the year then ended, and a summary of the significant accounting policies and other explanatory information.
Management's Responsibility for the Financial Statements
2. The Company's Board of Directors is responsible for the matters stated in Section 134(5) of the Companies Act, 2013 ("the Act") with respect to the preparation of these financial statements that give a true and fair view of the financial position, financial performance and cash flows of the Company in accordance with the accounting principles generally accepted in India, including the Accounting Standards specified under Section 133 of the Act, read with Rule 1 of the Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014 (as amended). This responsibility also includes maintenance of adequate accounting records in accordance with the provisions of the Act for safeguarding the assets of the Company and for preventing and detecting frauds and other irregularities;
selection and application of appropriate accounting policies; making judgments and estimates that are reasonable and prudent; and design, implementation and maintenance of adequate internal financial controls, that were operating effectively for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the accounting records, relevant to the preparation and presentation of the financial statements that give a true and fair view and are free from material misstatement, whether due to fraud or error.
3. Our responsibility is to express an opinion on these financial statements based on our audit.
4. We have taken into account the provisions of the Act, the accounting and auditing standards and matters which are required to be included in the audit report under the provisions of the Act and the Rules made there under.
5. We conducted our audit in accordance with the Standards on Auditing specified under Section 143(10) of the Act. Those Standards require that we comply with ethical requirements and plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whether the financial statements are free from material misstatement.
6. An audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the amounts and the disclosures in the financial statements. The procedures selected depend on the auditor's judgment, including the assessment of the risks of material misstatement of the financial statements, whether due to fraud or error. In making those risk assessments, the auditor considers internal financial control relevant to the Company's preparation of the financial statements that give a true and fair view in order to design audit procedures that are appropriate in the circumstances, but not for the purpose of expressing an opinion on whether the Company has in place an adequate internal financial controls system over financial reporting and the operating effectiveness of such controls. An audit also includes evaluating the appropriateness of the accounting policies used and the reasonableness of the accounting estimates made by the Company's Directors, as well as evaluating the overall presentation of the financial statements.
7. We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate to provide a basis for our audit opinion on the financial statements.
8. In our opinion and to the best of our information and according to the explanations given to us, the aforesaid financial statements give the information required by the Act in the manner so required and give a true and fair view in conformity with the accounting principles generally accepted in India of the state of affairs of the Company as at March 31, 2015, and its profit and its cash flows for the year ended on that date.
Report on Other Legal and Regulatory Requirements
9. As required by the Companies (Auditor's Report) Order, 2015, issued by the Central Government of India in terms of sub–section (11) of section 143 of the Act (the "Order"), and on the basis of such checks of the books and records of the Company as we considered appropriate and according to the information and explanations given to us, we give in the Annexure a statement on the matters specified in paragraphs 3 and 4 of the Order.
10. As required by Section 143(3) of the Act, we report that:
a. we have sought and obtained all the information and explanations which to the best of our knowledge and belief were necessary for the purpose of our audit;
b. in our opinion proper books of account as required by law have been kept by the Company so far as it appears from our examination of those books;
c. the Balance Sheet, the Statement of Profit and Loss dealt with by this Report are in agreement with the books of account;
d. In our opinion, the aforesaid financial statements comply with the Accounting Standards specified under Section 133 of the Act, read with Rule 7 of the Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014 (as amended);
e. On the basis of written representations received from the directors as on March 31, 2015 taken on record by the Board of Directors, none of the directors is disqualified as on March 31, 2015, from being appointed as a director in terms of Section 164(2) of the Act;
f. With respect to the other matters in accordance with Rule 11 of the Companies (Audit and Auditors) Rules, 2014 (as amended) are not applicable to the company
Annexure to the Auditor's Report referred to in para 9 in our report of even date:
i. (a) The Company has maintained proper records showing full particulars, including quantitative details and situation of the fixed assets.
(b) The fixed assets have been physically verified by the Management during the year.–There is a regular programme of verification which in our opinion is reasonable having regard to size of the company and nature of its assets.
ii. (a) The management has conducted physical verification of inventory at reasonable intervals. In our opinion, the frequency of verification is reasonable.
(b) In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us, the procedures of physical verification of inventory followed by the management were found reasonable and adequate in relation to the size of the Company and the nature of its business.
(c) On the basis of our examination of the inventory records, in our opinion, the Company is maintaining proper records of inventory. The discrepancies noticed on physical verification of inventory as compared to book records were not material.
iii. There are no companies, firms or other parties covered in the register maintained under Section 189 of the Act. Therefore, the provisions of Clause 3(iii) of the said order are not applicable to the company.
iv. In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us, the Company is having an adequate internal control' system commensurate with the size and the nature of its business, for the purchase of fixed assets and sale of services. On the basis of our examination of the books and records of the Company and according to the information and explanations given to us, we have neither come across, nor have we been informed of, any continuing failure to correct any major weaknesses in the aforesaid internal control system.
v. In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us, the Company has not accepted any deposits from the public within the meaning of Sections 73, 74, 75 and 76 of the Act and rules framed there under to the extent notified. Consequently, no order has been passed by the Company Law Board or National Company Law Commission or Reserve Bank of India or any court or any other tribunal on the Company.
vi. The Central Government of India has not prescribed the maintenance of cost records under sub–section (1) of Section 148 of the Act for any of the products of the Company.
vii. (a) According to the records of the Company and information and explanations given to us, the Company is generally regular in depositing undisputed statutory dues including Provident fund, Employees' state insurance, Income tax, Sales tax, Service tax, duty of customs, value added tax, cess and other applicable statutory dues with the appropriate authorities.
(b) According to the information and explanations given to us and records of the Company examined by us, there are no dues of income tax, sales tax, wealth tax, service –tax, duty of excise, duty of customs, value added tax, and cess which have not been deposited on account of any dispute.
(c) There are no amounts required to be transferred by the Company to the Investor Education and Protection Fund in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956 and the rules made thereunder.
viii. The Company neither has accumulated losses as at the end of the current financial year nor has it incurred cash losses, in the current financial year and in the immediately preceding financial year.
ix. The Company has not borrowed from financial institutions/through debenture issue.
x. According to the information and explanations given to us, the Company has not given any guarantee for loans taken by others from banks or financial institutions during the year. Accordingly, the provisions of clause 3(x) of the Order are not applicable to the Company.
xi. In our opinion, and according to the information and explanations given to us, during the year, the term loans have been applied for the purposes for which they were obtained.
xii. During the course of our examination of the books and records of the Company, carried out in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices and according to the information and explanations given to us, we have neither come across any instance of material fraud on or by the Company, noticed or reported during the year, nor have we been informed of any such instance by the Management.
For Thacker Butala Desai.
Firm's Registration Number 110864W
Kunjan N Gandhi
Membership Number 039195
Date September 05, 2015