NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
The company was originally incorporated as Sea Breeze Constructions and Investments Private Limited on February 8,1985 under the Companies Act, 1956 with the RoC. The name of the company was changed to Godrej Properties and Investments Private Limited pursuant to a special resolution of the shareholders dated July 2, 1990. In the year 1991, the status of the company was changed to a deemed public company by deletion of the word ?Private? from the name of the company. Subsequently the status was changed to a public limited company pursuant to a special resolution of the members passed at the extraordinary general meeting on August 1, 2001. The name was further changed to Godrej Properties Limited pursuant to a special resolution of the members passed at the extraordinary general meeting on November 23, 2004.
Godrej Properties is a realty firm of Godrej group, promoted by Godrej Industries and Godrej & Boyce Manufacturing Company.
Established in 1897, the Godrej group has grown in India from the days of the charkha to nights at the call centres. Its founder, Ardeshir Godrej, lawyer–turned–locksmith, was a persistent inventor and a strong visionary who could see the spark in the future. His inventions, manufactured by his brother Pirojsha Godrej, were the foundation of today?s Godrej empire. One of India?s most trusted brands, Godrej enjoys the patronage and trust of over 400 million Indians every single day.
The company entered into its first project in 1991. It initially concentrated its operations in the Mumbai Metropolitan region and later expanded to include other cities such as Pune, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Mangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai and Kochi.
It is one of the leading real estate development companies in India based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It currently has real estate development projects in 10 cities in India, which are at various stages of development. Currently, its business focuses on residential, commercial and township developments. It is a fully integrated real estate development company involved in all activities associated with the development of residential and commercial real estate. It undertakes the projects through its in–house team of professionals and by partnering with companies with domestic and international operations.
The residential portfolio of the company consists of various types of accommodation of varying sizes. In its commercial portfolio, it builds office space catering to blue–chip Indian and international companies, IT parks catering to the requirements of IT/ITES companies and retail space. Its township portfolio includes integrated townships consisting of residential and commercial developments. During the fiscal year 2009, its total revenue contribution from operation of the commercial activities, residential activities and other income operations was Rs. 167.66 crore, Rs. 59.59 crore and Rs. 23.01 crore, respectively.
The company?s total Land Reserves currently stand at 391.04 acres, aggregating to approximately 82.74 million sq. ft. of Developable Area and 50.21 million sq. ft. of Saleable Area, which includes its ongoing projects and forthcoming projects. The aforesaid Land Reserves include 64.23 acres which are in the process of being aggregated.
In addition, it has entered into memoranda of understanding with certain members of the Godrej group of companies, for developing land owned by them in various regions across the country. This land does not form a part of their Land Reserves and the memoranda of understanding do not constitute definitive agreements for the development of these lands.
Properties developed by the company:
- Godrej Pine, Thane
- Godrej Edenwoods, Thane
- Godrej Riverside, Kalyan
- Godrej Woodsman Estate, Bangalore
- Planet Godrej, Mumbai
- Godrej Prakriti, Kolkata
- Godrej Eternia, Chandigarh
- Godrej Waterside, kolkata
- Godrej Coliseum, Mumbai
- Godrej Eternia , Pune
– Company has changed its name from Godrej Properties & Investments Ltd. to Godrej Properties Ltd.
– Godrej Properties Ltd has been selected as amongst India's top 10 Builders at the Construction World Architect and Builder Award ceremony held in Mumbai on August 20, 2010.
– Godrej Properties Ltd has launched its residential project Godrej Avalon in Mangalore on August 28, 2010.
– Godrej Prop – Launched Residential Project in Gurgaon.
– The Company through its wholly owned subsidiary Godrej Buildcon Private Limited has signed a Development Agreement with JET AIRWAYS (INDIA) LIMITED for development of MMRDA leasehold land admeasuring 10309.58 sq. mtrs, situated at G–Block, Bandra–Kurla Complex, Bandra, Mumbai subject to conditions mentioned therein.
– Godrej Properties Limited (GPL) has entered into a Development Management Agreement with R.R. Builders to redevelop a MHADA property in Byculla, Mumbai, through its wholly owned subsidiary Godrej Projects Development Private Limited (GPDPL).
– Godrej Properties enters new project in Bengaluru ,May 2, 2013
– Godrej Properties launches Godrej Platinum in Alipore, Kolkata,Apr 12, 2013
– Godrej Properties adds new project in Vikhroli through its agreement with Godrej & Boyce,Mar 11, 2014