NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Essel Propack (EPL), incorporated in 1982 is a specialty packaging company. The company is part of $2.4 billion Essel Group with a turnover of over $300 million.
Essel Propack is the largest specialty packaging company in India.
The company operates through 25 state-of-the-art facilities in 13 countries namely Egypt, China, Germany, Nepal, USA, UK and Russia, selling 4.5 billion tubes every year. The company's products have applications in areas of oral care, cosmetics, personal care, pharmaceutical, food and industrial sectors, by offering customized solutions.
Essel Group The Essel Group has business interests in technology, interactive, media, entertainment, social services and packaging sectors. The Group owns brands like Dish TV, Zee Entertainment Enterprise , DNA and Asian Sky Shop. The Group has a workforce of 8000 employees.
Laminated tubes- Laminated tubes have a wide usage in segments such as oral care, food, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and industrial applications. Essel Propack's 70% of the production caters to the oral care segment.
Plastic tubes- Under this, the company manufactures products ranging from custom colored materials to high-end decoration techniques. It manufactures an array of monolayer and multilayer materials. The company acquired Arista Tubes of UK, a leading manufacturer of plastic tubes in UK .
Caps and closures- Essel Propack designs and manufactures caps for tubes and closures for hair care and personal care product bottles. The company has in-house injection molding facility that is engaged is high quality closures.
New products- Under this segment, it has produced Etain and Egnite. Etain is a recycled plastic material produced from virgin and recycled plastic materials. This packaging material is used for various segments such as hair care, skin care, pharmaceutical, food products, besides cosmetics.
Egnite is type of laminate is high-luster quality available in various shades.
1982- Essel Propack was incorporated
1984- The company established its manufacturing unit for production of laminate tubes and laminates in India.
1993-The company forayed into the global arena by setting up manufacturing plant in Eqypt.
1997-The company opened a wholly-owned subsidiary in Guangzhou, China.
1999- Essel Propack set up its joint venture in Dresden, Germany.
2004- EPL acquired Arista Tubes of the UK, a leading manufacturer of seamless plastic tubes in UK which is known as Essel Propack UK.
2005- The company opened a new manufacturing unit in Danville, USA to supply laminated tubes for Proctor & Gamble?s North American operations.
The company started its operations in Russia.
Essel Propack acquired UK-based Telcon Packaging, a laminated tube manufacturing company.
The company commissioned a new facility at Nalagarh, India, for manufacturing laminated tubes.
2006- The company acquired Tacpro Inc of the USA and Avalon Medical Services, Singapore and ventured into medical devices business that manufactured catheters and balloons.
The company announced its plan to establish a co-extruded plastic tubes plant in mid-west Poland under Arista Tubes, UK which started its operations in March 2007.
In the same year the company acquired Packaging India, which is among the largest manufacturers of speciality packaging materials in India.
The company started commercial production of co-extruded plastic tubes began in Danville, Virginia, through the facilities at Arista Tubes Inc.
2007- The company started large scale production of co-extruded plastic tubes began in Poland under the brand name Arista Tubes. It set up second plant located in Uttaranchal under Packaging India for manufacturing of speciality packaging.
- Essel Propack Limited has been awarded the AON Hewitt Award for Best Employer Commitment to Engagement for 2013. This award was presented at the Best Employers Awards Ceremony in India on January 15, 2014.
- Essel Propack Wins Global Supplier Award by Unilever - 2011
- Essel Propack started a new green field plant in Tianjin city of North East China. The facility is located within customer premises.- 2010
- Essel Propack won the PFFCA Award 2007 for ?Innovative Packaging? category for the oval tube created for Fair & Lovely, and in the ?Creative Packaging for Pack Enhancement? category for its efforts in implementing the five-color silk printing on the co-extruded tube of Parachute hair gel.
- Essel Propack received the Plasticon Award 2003 by Plast India Foundation in the categories of ?Innovation and Packaging? and ?Creative Packaging? for manufacturing of tubes for the long nozzle Garnier Under Eye Cream, Fair & Lovely tubes and the transparent tubes for Pears face wash.