NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Eicher Motors was incorporated in 1982, is engaged in manufacturing of commercial vehicles, motorcycles and engineering components. In 1986, the company introduced its first product ‘Canter’.
It is one of the leading manufacturers of commercial vehicle. It has manufacturing facilities located in Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, and Haryana.
Motors – It manufactures several kinds of commercial vehicles.Its 50–50 joint venture with the Volvo group, VE Commercial Vehicles Limited, designs, manufactures and markets reliable, fuel–efficient commercial vehicles of high quality and modern technology, engineering components and provides engineering design solutions. It has technical and financial collaboration with Mitsubishi Motors Corporation of Japan which led to manufacturing of CANTER range of vehicles. It manufactures around 20000 vehicles per annum.
Motorcycles– It manufactures bullet motorcycles Royal Enfield. It manufactures six different models ranging from 300cc to 600cc. The manufacturing plant has installed capacity of 39,000 motorcycles per annum.
Engineering Components– The company manufactures complete range of automotive gears. The range of gears includes Spiral bevels (Crown wheel and pinions), Straight bevels and Transmission gears.
- 1948: Goodearth Company set up to sell and service imported tractors
- 1952–57: Goodearth Company imported and sold about 1500 tractors in India
- 1958: Eicher Tractor Corporation of India Ltd. incorporated
- 1959:First indigenous Eicher tractor built. Eicher came out with India’s first indigenously built tractor from its Faridabad factory.
- 1980: Eicher Goodearth Ltd. name given to Eicher.
- 1982: Collaboration agreement with Mitsubishi for the manufacture of Light Commercial Vehicles signed in Tokyo. Incorporation of Eicher Motors Ltd.
- 1985: Silver Jubilee Year for Eicher
- 1986: Eicher Motors Ltd. springs into operation
- 1987: Eicher Tractors went public
- 1990: Eicher Goodearth buys 26% equity stake in Enfield India Ltd.
- 1991: ECS launched; Eicher takes over Ramon & Demm.
- 1992: Eicher Tractors Ltd. selected as ‘Company of the Year’ for 1990–91 in the four–wheeler category comprising commercial vehicles, passenger cars, jeeps and tractors.
- 1993: Eicher adopts new identifier.Eicher acquires majority stake in Enfield India (60% equity shareholding)
- 1994: Eicher Motors Ltd. ends the technical assistance agreement with Mitsubishi after a successful transfer of technology and achieving total indigenisation. Enfield India Ltd. changed its name to Royal Enfield Motors Ltd.
- 1996: Eicher Tractors Ltd. amalgamated with Royal Enfield Motors to form Eicher Ltd.
- 2005: Eicher Motors Ltd. has disinvested the businesses of tractors and engines to TAFE Motors & Tractors Ltd. (TMTL).
- 2008: Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Ltd. established VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV).
- 2010: The company launched the VE–series of Heavy Duty trucks
- 2010 – Eicher Motors launched the VE–series of Heavy Duty trucks
It has received ISO certification for its quality systems.
It has received IES excellance award as recognition of excellance in productivity, quality innovation and management.
The company has received award from National Productivity Council for best performance in production.
Eicher Motors, a company that manufactures iconic Royal Enfield motorcycles.