NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Coromandel Engineering Company was established in the year 1947 and is a part of the Murugappa Group. Coromandel Engineering's first building was the Wellington Nursing Home (Now Sankar Nethralaya housed). The first industrial major project was putting up the factory for Tube Investment and the next plant for Ashok Leyland. Among Coromandel Engineering's subsequent major projects in the first five years were the various factories the Murugappa Group raised in Avadi, Ambattur and Thiruvottiyur apart from several other factories that came up in Chennai as a consequence of post independence industrial boom.
Though Coromandel Engineering's thinking was to concentrate on factory building, the company made a mark for itself when it started work on the British designed United India Building which was completed in 1959 as the nationalized Life Insurance Corporation's southern Head quarters, the tallest building in South till the 1980's ( LIC building of Mount road – 14 Floors). Another landmark building includes Tiam House in First Line Beach (Now Rajaji Salai), Bombay Mutual Building on Esplanade were among the first modern high rise buildings in Madras main business district. Chola Sheraton and Oberoi Group Trident (now the Hilton Group) as well the Karumuttu Centre on Mount Road in Nandanam have been some of Coromandel Engineering's major achievements.
In 1988 it had ventured into the Real Estate development in Chennai and has constructed many premium apartments in Chennai. Coromandel Engineering has not only built commercial building in Chennai, but has also constructed landmark commercial buildings in Bangalore like Unity Building, Hotel Holiday Inn and Windsor Manor which also stands testimony to the company's capabilities. It has also constructed many Industrial Buildings all over India.
Coromandel Engineering has not narrowed its activities in India and has also constructed a seven storied building for Life Insurance Corporation of India at Mauritius in the year 1993.
In 1995 it has entered into an agreement with Butler U.S.A. for putting up of Pre–Engineered Metal Building System and erected two Butler pre–fab building for Ford India. In the recent five years it has constructed many industrial, commercial and institutional buildings and recently came up with 80 units of residential blocks in Avinashi Road, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
Coromandel Engineering is now embarking on the new journey of aggressive growth to further consolidate its business and emerge as one of most respected infrastructure company.
- 1947 – Incorporation of the Company
- 1959 – Built 14 storey, LIC Building on Anna Salai, Chennai which is one of the tallest buildings in South India
- 1975 – Converted into public limited
- 1987,88 – Ventured into the business of property development
- 1989 – Amalgamation of Polutech Ltd. with CECL
- 1989 – Issue of 3,85,295 equity shares of Rs. 10/– each for cash at par on Rights
- 1992 – Amalgamation of Coromandel Prodorite Private Ltd. with CECL
- 2006 – Coromandel Holdings and Minerals Limited (?óÔé¼?£CHML?óÔé¼Ôäó) was merged with our Company.
1. Construction Contract
2. Real Estate Development (Property Development)
- India Cements Ltd, AP, TN
- Madras Cements, AP
- Swarna Cements, AP
- KCP–Ramakrishna Cements, AP
- Dalmia Cements, Trichy, TN
- Dharani Cements, Ariyalur, TN