NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Corporate Banking– It provides various services to its corporate clients such as Cash Management Services, loans, IPO monitoring services, etc. NRI Banking– Besides various personal banking products it also offers remittance services, consultancy services to its NRI Clients.It also offers various products and services to priority and SME sector.
The Bank has gone through the various phases of its growth trajectory over hundred years of its existence. Growth of Canara Bank was phenomenal, especially after nationalization in the year 1969, attaining the status of a national level player in terms of geographical reach and clientele segments. Eighties was characterized by business diversification for the Bank. In June 2006, the Bank completed a century of operation in the Indian banking industry. The eventful journey of the Bank has been characterized by several memorable milestones. Today, Canara Bank occupies a premier position in the comity of Indian banks.
Over the years, the Bank has been scaling up its market position to emerge as a major 'Financial Conglomerate' with as many as nine subsidiaries/sponsored institutions/joint ventures in India and abroad. As at June 2011, the Bank has further expanded its domestic presence, with 3273 branches spread across all geographical segments. Keeping customer convenience at the forefront, the Bank provides a wide array of alternative delivery channels that include 2509 ATMs, covering 846 centres. With 100% CBS, the Bank offers technology banking, such as, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking and Funds Transfer through NEFT and RTGS across all branches. The Bank has further enhanced its basket of new tech–products for customer convenience like Canara Gift Cards, Canara Campus Card, Canara Platinum Card, Bills Desk for utility bills payment, Cash withdrawal at Point of Sale (PoS) machines at Merchant Establishments, VISA money transfer and the ASBA (Application Supported by Blocked Amount) facility during FY11.
Personal Banking– It offers a wide range of products and services such as saving accounts, deposits, loans, mutual funds, Insurance, internet banking, debit card, credit card, etc.
Corporate Banking– It provides various services to its corporate clients such as Cash Management Services, loans, IPO monitoring services, etc.
NRI Banking– Besides various personal banking products it also offers remittance services, consultancy services to its NRI Clients.
It also offers various products and services to priority and SME sector.
- Canara Robeco Asset Management Company
- Canbank Financial Services
- Canara Bank Securities
- Canbank Computer Services
- Can Fin Homes
- Canbank Factors
- Canbank Venture Capital Fund
- 1st July 1906 Canara Hindu Permanent Fund Ltd. formally registered with a capital of 2000 shares of Rs 50 each, with 4 employees.
- 1910 Canara Hindu Permanent Fund renamed as Canara Bank Limited
- 1969 14 major banks in the country, including Canara Bank, nationalized on July 19
- 1976 1000th branch inaugurated
- 1983 Overseas branch at London inaugurated
- 1984 Merger with the Laksmi Commercial Bank Limited
- 1985 Commissioning of Indo Hong Kong International Finance Limited
- 1987 Canbank Mutual Fund & Canfin Homes launched
- 1989 Canbank Venture Capital Fund started
- 1989–90 Canbank Factors Limited, the factoring subsidiary launched
- 1992–93 Became the first Bank to articulate and adopt the directive principles of “Good Banking”.
- 1995–96 Became the first Bank to be conferred with ISO 9002 certification for one of its branches in Bangalore
- 2001–02 Opened a 'Mahila Banking Branch', first of its kind at Bangalore, for catering exclusively to the financial requirements of women clientele.
- 2002–03 Maiden IPO of the Bank
- 2003–04 Launched Internet Banking Services
- 2004–05 100% Branch computerization
- 2005–06 Launched Core Banking Solution in select branches and Number One Position in Aggregate Business among Nationalized Banks
- 2006–07 Retained Number One Position in Aggregate Business among Nationalized Banks. Signed MoUs for Commissioning Two JVs in Insurance and Asset Management with international majors viz., HSBC
- 2007–08 Launching of New Brand Identity and incorporation of Insurance and Asset Management JVs
- 2005–06 Launching of 'Online Trading' portal, Launching of a ‘Call Centre’ and Switchover to Basel II New Capital Adequacy Framework
- 2008–09 The Bank crossed the coveted 3 lakh crore in aggregate business and the Bank’s 3rd foreign branch at Shanghai commissioned
- 2009–10 The Bank’s aggregate business crossed 4 lakh crore mark. Net profit of the Bank crossed 3000 crore and the Bank’s branch network crossed the 3000 mark.
• Global CSR Excellence and Leadership Awards 2014 from CSR World Congress.
• Best Home Loan Provider Award from Outlook Money for 2013.
• “Finger Print based Biometric Authorization for CBS” declared as winner for secure IT 2014 award.
• The Bank’s Desktop Management System project awarded amongst India’s Best –2013 in 33rd SKOCH Summit.
• NFS Operational Excellence Award 2013 – Special Jury Award 2013 by NPCI in recognition of Bank's excellent performance in Key Parameters in respect of ATMs and switch connected to NFS ATM Network.
• ‘Vigilance Excellence Award’ instituted by M/s Institute of Public Enterprises, Hyderabad, in commemoration of celebrating the Golden Jubilee Year of the Institute, with a view to promote excellence in the field of Vigilance in all the Central as well as State level Public Sector Enterprises, Nationalized Banks and other Financial Institutions.
• ‘Corporate Collateral Awards’ under various categories by Public Relations Council of India.
• Golden Peacock Award for excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility for the year 2013.
• Greentech Award for excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility for the year 2013
• Skoch Renaissance Award 2013, with a Medal and Citation for being India's Best–2013.
• ‘Jury Award for New Initiatives under MSME’ instituted by Chamber of Indian MSME under Banking Excellence Awards 2013.
• Best Bank Award for implementation of Rural Self Employment Training Institutes for the second consecutive year by the Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India. Award under Category l & Category II for its two of its exclusive RSETIs at Hassan (Karnataka) and Tiruppur (TN) as best performing RSETIs. 5 of the 27 RUDSETIs co–sponsored by the Bank awarded as best performing RUDSETIs
• ‘Top Performer in New Demat Accounts Opened’ in banking sector by National Securities Depository Ltd., (NSDL) for the year 2013.
• CANARA BANK BAGS ‘Golden Peacock Global Award for Corporate Social Responsibility’ for the year 2013
• Golden Peacock Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance 2013.
• C&MD was conferred Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Gold Samman Award during the Global Achievers’ Conclave organized by NRI Welfare Society of India at House of Lords, London.
• FIPS Excellence Award 2013 under DBT Category for the project– ''Direct Benefit Transfer LPG (DBTL) 100% implementation in Waynad District''.
• ‘SKOCH AWARD’ under Corporate Social Responsibility.
• Unity International Foundation conferred ''Outstanding Banker of the Decade'' Award
• GreenTech Life Time Award for “Excellence in Banking”.
• Asia Pacific HRM Congress 2013 instituted by Institute of Public Enterprises conferred ''CEO of the Year'' and ''CEO with HR Orientation”.
• ‘Hindi Rajbhasha Samrakshak Ratna’ Award in Dasham Hindi Mahakumbh Evam Saahitya Conference organized by Parivartan Jan Kalyaan Samiti, New Delhi.
• The Bank has been conferred with the Skoch Corporate Social Responsibility Award 2013, India’s Best – 2013 & Skoch Award 2013, India’s Best – 2013 for ICT enabling “Desktop Management System
• “Best Bank of the Year Award”, instituted by The Bangalore Management Association (BMA)
• “Best Financial Institution”, Category – Gold in the Export Excellence Awards 2013 by the Federation of Karnataka Chamber of Commerce, Bangalore.
• Awarded Institute of Directors’ Fellowship on the eve of Golden Peacock Awards.
• Awarded Certificate of Excellence for exemplary CSR Initiative for the project “Strengthening Traditional Art and Culture” under eIndia Awards 2013.
• Canara Bank bagged the Best Bank Award for Implementing RSETIs in the Country for the second consecutive year.
• Best Bank Award among large banks by IDRBT for ''Use of Technology for Financial Inclusion'' handed over by RBI Governor Dr. D Subbarao.
• Skoch Award for Financial Inclusion, handed over by Dr. C Rangarajan, Chairman, PMEAC.
• 1st Rank for Self Help Groups Linkage for the year 2011–12 in the State of Bihar.
• Award for 'Best Online Bank' among Public Sector Banks– IBA Banking Technology Awards 2011
• Award for 'Best Customer Relationship Initiative' among Public Sector Banks – IBA Banking Technology Awards 2011.
• The Greatest Corporate Leaders of India – Leadership in Banking Award, instituted by World HRD Congress, Feb’ 2013.
• Prestigious Platinum Greentech HR Award 2013 under HR Oriented CEO by M/s Greentech Foundation, New Delhi.
• Platinum awards, for Best HR Strategy and Training Excellence by M/s Greentech Foundation, New Delhi.
• National Vigilance Excellence Award – 2012 for the second consecutive year from Vigilance Study Circle, Hyderabad under the auspices of the Central Vigilance Commission.
• Under the implementation of Rajbhasha, the Bank received Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Puraskar Yojna–2009–10 – Encouragement Prize.
• NABARD’s Best Performance Award, 2010–11, for SHG Credit Linkage and Best Performing Farmers’ Club Award of NABARD, 2010–11, in Karnataka.
• The Bank was conferred 5 Awards by the Public Relations Council of India (PRCI), in the following categories
• Silver Award for Corporate Advertisement – Single Language
• Bronze Award for Annual Report
• Bronze Award for Corporate Brochure on CSR activities
• Bronze Award for Corporate Single Advertisement – English
• Bronze Award for Shreyas In–house Magazine – English
• Canara Bank was awarded coveted skoch award for financial inclusion on 5.01.2012 at New Delhi.
• The Bank was conferred with National Award – 2011 for excellence in the field of Khadi and Village Industries – Best Bank, South Zone for PMEGP.
• Corporate Social Responsibility Award–2011 to CANARA BANK
• Canara Bank bags Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha shield 2009–10
• The Bank has been conferred with the Second Best Bank Award under National Awards for Excellence in lending to Micro Enterprises for the year 2009–10, by the Ministry of MSME and Outstanding Performer at National level for implementation of Interest Subsidy Eligibility Scheme (ISEC) of KVIC in the country for 2009–10.
• The Bank was conferred 4 awards by the Public Relations Council of India (PRCI), in the following categories
• Silver Award for Corporate Film ( TV Commercial ) – English
• Bronze Award for House Journal/Magazine – Languages
• Bronze Award for Table Calendar
Bronze Award for Corporate Advertisement – Single – Englis
It was awarded first National Award, for 'Excellence in Micro & Small Enterprises (MSE) Lending' by the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises and Government. of India.
It received 'Golden Peacock Award for Corporate Social Responsibility' for the year 2007. It was honoured with 'The Organization of the Year Award– for PR Excellence', instituted by Public Relations Council of India.