NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Bombay Dyeing is flagship company of the Nusli Wadia Group that was established in 1879. It was started by Nowrosjee Wadia, who began the operations on small scale with cotton yarn spun dip dyed in three colours turkey red, green and orange and later was laid out in sun to dry.
Presently it has a distribution chain of over 600 exclusive stores across the country. It is engaged into manufacturing textile and chemicals.
During January 2009, Bombay Dyeing & Manufacturing Company had acquired 10,000 shares of Rs 10 each of White Horse Real Estate Company at face value and consequently White Horse Real Estate Company had become a 100% subsidiary of the company.
Textiles It manufactures wide range of cotton suitings, polyester cotton suitings, shoe lining and duck fabrics, satin furnishings, yarn dyed fabrics, towels, table tops and napkins, satin bed sets, etc. Textile manufacturing is main activity of Bombay Dyeing with 5 manufacturing facilities confirming to international standards.
Its daily production of fabrics is 300000 meters.
Nearly 50% of Bombay Dyeing's production is exported to
Its spinning and winding facilities has an installed capacity of 135,336 ring spindles.
Chemicals Bombay Dyeing is the largest manufacturer of Dimethyl Terephthalate (DMT) in India.It has a capacity to manufacture 165000 tonnes per annum (TPA). DMT is raw material for manufacturing polyester fibre, film, filament & yarn and engineering plastics.
Bombay Dyeing has received ISO–9002–1994 certification for 'Quality Management System'.
It has also received ISO–14001–1996, certification for 'Environmental Management System'.
It has been honoured with BVQI's 'SAFETYCERT' certification for 'Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OHSMS).
The company has also won SRTEPC and TEXPROCIL Gold Trophies for its outstanding export performance for poly cotton blended fabrics and made–ups.
– Bombay Dyeing has launched 'Aroma Rich', its range of fragrant bed linen.
– Bombay Dyeing has launched a new range of bedsheet called E Magic with properties of Vitamin E.
Award & Recognition
– Super Brand 2006–2007 in recognition of its commitment to constantly providing value to the customer.
– Images Fashion Award 2006 as Best Brand in the Home Fashion Category.
– Home and Lifestyle – Retailer of the year 2005 award, instituted by ICICI bank Payment Solutions and KSA Technopak.
– Bombay Dyeing won the award of largest domestic brand in made ups & Home Textile at the Textile Conclave 2013 – Brand India
– Bombay Dyeing won Brand Revitalization Award 2013 – For the Brand that has been able to refresh its image to a new one and which has been accepted by viewers and consumers alike.
– Bombay Dyeing won Brand leadership Award in Retail Sector (Merit) 2013 – for the brand that has established and maintained its Leadership in the retail sector.