NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Blue Star Infotech founded in 1983 and part of the Blue Star Group of Companies. Its operations span India, USA, Japan, UK and Europe. It has strong alliances with leading technology companies such as Microsoft, Oracle, Hewlett–Packard, Amdocs, SAS and PlatformLab.
Blue Star Infotech has been ranked 12th amongst the top fifteen global R&D service providers by Zinnov Management Consulting, in a first–of–its–kind ranking of the Top Global Outsourced Product Development service providers across geographies such as India, China and Eastern Europe. Its customized solutions power travel distribution globally and its highly–acclaimed humanitarian relief solution enables the complicated logistics and seamless delivery of relief supplies to any disaster location. Its 26–year relationship with Hewlett–Packard has enabled it to create world–class enterprise delivery processes and capabilities. If technology is a key business enabler, then Blue Star Infotech can help you leverage IT to its fullest by providing the processes, knowledge, cost efficiencies and business outcomes.
- Microsoft Solutions
- Oracle eBusiness
- Business Intelligence
- ADM Services
- Content Management
- ISV Services
- Product Engineering
- Health Sciences
- Competency Centers
- Blue Star was named in the latest 200 Best under a Billion lists for the Asia Pacific region by the US magazine, Forbes
- In October 2009, Zinnov ranked Blue Star Infotech 12th among 100 top R&D service providers across the US, India, China and Eastern Europe that were reviewed across 18 parameters grouped into the major categories of financial strength, people strength, operations, innovation, expertise and business models
- In August 2009, Blue Star Infotech was certified by Oracle for undertaking implementations on the Oracle Business Accelerator Methodology
- Blue Star Infotech was awarded The European Seal of Excellence for ELearning – awarded the first time ever to a non–European organisation. This was presented by The European Multimedia Convention (EMMAC), a platform consisting of Europe's national and regional multimedia associations, 9001 certified, with operations in USA, Europe and Asia
- The Humanitarian Logistics Software, product developed by Blue Star Infotech for a non–profit organisation and implemented for a large Europe–based global relief organisation was nominated for an International Awards programme honouring innovators applying technology to benefit humanity
- Blue Star Infotech is one of the first companies to pioneer and establish onsite/offshore–based Agile Methodology for software development
- Oracle India awarded Oracle Partner of The Year award to Blue Star Infotech for Customer Centricity in applications for the year 2006–2007
- Microsoft awarded Blue Star Infotech with the Best Dynamics Partner of the Year in India for financial year 2006 & 2008
- Named to the Microsoft Dynamics President's Club for the year 2006 and 2008
- The origin of Blue Star Infotech dates back to 1983 when the International Software Division (ISD) of Blue Star was founded at SEEPZ, Mumbai.
- The period between 1983 and 1989 was crucial as the foundation for the company's long–lasting relationship with Hewlett–Packard was established during this period.
- The period 1990–1995 was a milestone as it saw the company building relationships with a growing number of overseas and domestic customers and expanding its offices. In 1991, ISD ventured into the domestic Indian market. In March 1990, Blue Star Infotech acquired a 100% owned subsidiary in USA called USIN International Inc later renamed as Blue Star Infotech America, Inc. Over the next few years, ISD executed several prestigious domestic projects for leading Indian companies such as Tata Electric Company, Bajaj Electricals, Castrol India, and Boots Pharmaceuticals. During this period, it further expanded its relationships with Hewlett–Packard and 3M.
- The year 1998 was remarkable for Blue Star Infotech with the HP relationship turning into a major engagement with the setting up of an ?óÔé¼?£Extended Office?óÔé¼Ôäó in ISD?óÔé¼Ôäós new facility at Bangalore.
- Blue Star Infotech?óÔé¼Ôäós strong performance and the fast growth pace of the Indian IT services industry, led the management to unlock the company?óÔé¼Ôäós untapped value by deciding to demerge resulting in the formation of Blue Star Infotech in 2000.
- In 2003, Blue Star Infotech was successfully assessed at SEI–CMMi Level 5.
- In 2004, it was awarded the ?óÔé¼?£European Seal of Excellence?óÔé¼Ôäó for E–Learning –– awarded the first time ever to a non–European organization. This was presented by The European Multimedia Convention (EMMAC), a platform consisting of Europe's national and regional multimedia associations. In the same year Blue Star Infotech was also successfully certified for the ISO 9001:2000 quality standard.
- In 2006, Blue Star Infotech was provided the ?óÔé¼?£Gold Certified Partner?óÔé¼Ôäó status by Microsoft and also became a member of the Global Services 100 list of service providers.
- 2008 saw Blue Star Infotech named to the Microsoft Dynamics President?óÔé¼Ôäós Club, receiving recognition from Microsoft Corp. for its dedicated commitment to customers. It was also awarded the 2008 Microsoft Dynamics Best Regional Partner award for vertical excellence in Media & Entertainment from Microsoft.
- Blue Star Infotech was re–assessed at CMMI Level 3 v1.2 Release in October 2008.
- In December 2008, Blue Star Infotech completed 25 years of operations. This is a major attestation of its stability and commitment to the customers.
- In July 2009, Blue Star Infotech successfully deployed its NAV Elixir solution for Indoco Remedies, a multi– location pharmaceutical company. NAV Elixir is a customized, cost–effective ERP solution specially designed for the pharmaceutical industry by Blue Star Infotech and built by extending the Microsoft Dynamics NAV product suite.
- In October 2009 Blue Star Infotech entered into a strategic partnership with Platform Lab to deliver cloud testing services.