NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Welspun Syntex Limited (WSL) a Welspun Group company was established in 1982 and is the flagship company under the Welspun umbrella. Since its inception W.S.L. has grown manifold and today is amongst the largest manufacturers and exporters of polyester texturised filament yarn from India. With plants located at Silvassa and Palghar, India W.S.L. is well equipped to meet the domestic as well as international demand. It has marketing offices located at Surat and Mumbai in India that facilitate big business ventures.
Welspun is relocating the fashion capital of the world. No wonder Welspun Syntex Ltd., is one of the largest exporters of polyster texturised filament yarn from India. Additionally, the company is the leading manufacturer of specialty polyester filament yarn from India. Welspun is a leading conglomerate in every sphere of its operations, be it yarns, SAW pipes or terry towels.
Today Welspun Syntex has two state–of–the–art plants at Silvassa & Palghar.
Silvassa plant– Approximately 200 kms north of Mumbai, in the Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli, the location of Silvassa plant is perfectly poised between the two most important textiles states of India, Gujarat and Maharashtra. The Silvassa plant is equipped with the latest technology indigenously redesigned for optimum production capacity and flexible manufacturing system to produce a very wide product range in POY and processed polyester filament yarns which includes micro deniers, cationic dyeable, dope dyed, easy dyeable, trilobal, semi–dull and bright and many more specialty yarns which are continuously researched and upgraded into newer qualities.
Palghar plant– Palghar, a small town 80kms north of Mumbai, has a special place in the making of Welspun group. Palghar plant enjoys the advantages of ideal geographical location to efficiently handle all the logistics to facilitate prompt shipments to the Indian and overseas customers. It includes package dyed polyester texturised yarns, dyed and twisted bright trilobal polyester filament flat yarns, polyester texturised yarns twisted or untwisted on perforated polypropylene dyeing tubes, twisted raw white/bright trilobal polyester texturised and flat yarns, shrunk wrapped dyeing tubes for optimisation of productivity of customers, small weights and precision wound dyed yarns upto 500gms/bobbin etc.
Product range of the company includes:
- Polyester Partially Oriented Yarn (POY)
- Polyester Fully Drawn Yarns (FDY)
- Polyester Mono Filament Yarns (PMFY)
- Polyester Filament Yarn (PFY)
- Polyester Draw Texturised Yarn ( DTY/PTY)
- Air Textured Yarns (PATY)
- Speciality Polyester Filament Yarns (SPFY)
- Nylon Yarns
- 2012 – Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Merit Award for Welspun Vidya Mandir
- 2011 – Best Indian Manufacturing Company in the US
7th Indo American Corporate Excellence Awards
Top Exporter for the Year 2010–11–Gold Trophy
Information Week EDGE 2011
- 2010 – Star Performer Award for the year 2008–09
All India Export Excellence Awards
Top Indian Company under the Metal Pipes
- 2007: Ranked 39 th in ‘ India Top 100 Corporates 2007' – Standard & Poor's & CRISIL., March 2007
- 2007: CNBC TV18 –International Trade Awards – Outstanding Textile Exporter
- 2006 : Textile Promotion Council (Texprocil) Gold & Silver Trophies for the year 2005– 06 Engineering Export Promotion Council ( EEPC) Award for the highest export – Iron and Steel based product – non SSI Gold Trophies : Highest Exports of Madeups in the Manufacturer Exporter category. Special Achievements in Madeups category. Silver Trophy : Special Achievements in Madeups category.
- 2005 : Textile Promotion Council (Texprocil) Gold Trophy for Outstanding export Performance in Made–ups
- 2004 : Federal Express and Economic Times – Leaders in Innovation Recognised as one of the fastest growing steel company by Construction World–NICMAR
- 2001–02, 2002–03 : Export performance Awards from Engineering Export promotion council (EEPC)
- 2003 : Operational Excellence Award from J.C. PENNY stores, USA
- 2002 : Shopco Stores Inc. – Best Vendor of the year Award
- 2002 : Walmart – Best Vendor of the year Award
- 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2001–02 & 2003–04 : Textile Promotion Council (Texprocil) Gold trophy for outstanding Export performance & special achievement
- 1999–2000 : Textile Promotion Council (Texprocil) Gold trophy for special achievement for Outstanding performance in– Made–ups & Highest Exporter
- 1997–98 : Govt of Gujarat’s Outstanding Export Performance Award
- 1996–97 : Govt of India’s National Exports Award for Outstanding Performance Outstanding Exports Award for Outstanding Export Performance by the Ministry of Industry & Commerce, Govt. of India