NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Astrazeneca Pharma India (AZPIL) incorporated on 11 July, 1979 is engaged in the business of manufacturing and marketing pharmaceutical products in healthcare segments namely gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, cancer, respiratory, neurosciences and infection. AstraZeneca Pharma India is a subsidiary of AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals AB, Sweden, which is an indirect subsidiary of AstraZeneca PLC.
Company's manufacturing facility is located at Bangalore. Company has sales outlet located at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Ghaziabad, Guwahati, Secunderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Ranchi, Vijayawada, Chandigarh, Panchkula and Zirakhpur.
AZPIL?óÔé¼Ôäós manufacturing facility is spread across 69 acres of land located at Yelahanka, Bangalore, has been rated as one of the finest in South East Asia. This facility received ISO 14001 certifications for its quality management. Company was awarded Golden Peacock Environment Management Award from World Environment Foundation for the year 2004–2005.
- Cardiovascular– Under this segment company manufactures and markets products namely Betaloc, Seloken XL, Imdur, Ramace and Plendil and many more.
- Respiratory–Company develops drugs such as Rhinocort, Mits Linctus, Bricarex, Bricanyl, etc.
- Maternal Healthcare– Under this segment, company produces Prostodin, Cerviprime, Primiprost, Partocin and many more.
- Oncology–Company manufactures products such as Zoladex & Arimidex, Nolvadex and Iressa & Casodex under oncology segment.
- Infection–Company develops products such as Meronem and Vancocin CP and many more.
- Pain Control and Anaesthesia– Company offers products such as Xylocaine and Sensorcaine.
AstraZeneca (Parent Company) AstraZeneca is amongst the leading pharmaceutical companies in world. Headquartered at UK, company has its R&D facilities located in Sweden, USA, Japan and India. Company markets its product to over 100 countries, employs over 65,000 people worldwide. AstraZeneca spends over US$ 3.4 billion a year on R&D activities including Discovery Research.
Astrazeneca Pharma India will continue to invest in all focussed brands and on business development so as to increase sales and profitability and consequently increase stakeholder value.