NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Amara Raja Batteries Limited (ARBL) is engaged in manufacturing of industrial and automotive batteries. It was founded in 1985.
ARBL was first to introduce Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) batteries with three–year warranty in industrial and automotive applications. It was also first to introduce a 60–month warranty for automotive and two–wheeler batteries.
The company has pan India presence with network spread across 18,000 retail outlets, 2,000 service hubs and 400+ PowerZone retail outlets.
The company is largest and dominant market leader of standby batteries in Railways, Telecom, Power Generating stations in India. It is the largest manufacturer of stand VRLA batteries in South Asia.
ARBL owns one of the largest and most modern automotive battery plants in Asia with a producing capacity of 2.5million batteries per annum.
Amara Raja Group on February 2,2011, unveiled a new identity coinciding with its silver jubilee celebrations. On the occasion the group Chairman, Dr. Ramachandra N. Galla announced setting up of Amara Raja Digital World City (ARDWC) and shared group?óÔé¼Ôäós vision to achieve $25 billion revenue by 2025 and continue to create non–migratory jobs.
Business of the company:
Industrial– Under this it manufactures and market five products namely Powerstack, Amaron Quanta, Amaron Volt, Amaron Sleek and Applications. Its clientele includes big names like BSNL, MTNL, Lucent, Alcatel, Siemens, Nokia, Ericsson, Alstom, Crompton Greaves, etc.
Automotive– It manufactures and market automotive batteries under the name Amaron. Under Amaron it has introduced products like Pro, Flo, Go, Black, Fresh, Hi–way, Harvest, Sheild, and Optima caters to various automobile needs.
The company exports automotive batteries to countries namely Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, China, Japan, Greece, Australia, Dubai, Omen, Bahrain, UAE, Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa and many more.
The company has been supplier to big companies like Ashok Leyland, Fiat, General Motors, Hindustan Motors, Honda, Hyundai, Mahindra & Mahindra, Maruti and Tata Motors, Daimler Chrysler and Ford.
- Galla Foods
- Amara Raja Power Systems
- Amara Raja Electronics
- Mangal Precision Products
Achievements and Credentials:
- Best Telecom equipment Manufacturer Award 2009 by BSNL
- Quality Excellence Award for the year 2009 by INDUS Towers
- Amaron is the preferred supplier to Daimler Chrysler, Ford and General Motors
- Automotive Product of the year 2000 by Overdrive
- Excellence in Environmental Management in 2002 by AP Pollution Control Board
- Creative Advertiser of the year '02 by ABBY
- Ford 'World Excellence Award'
- Ford Q1 Award
- ISO–9001 in 1997?óÔé¼?ªRWTUV
- QS 9000 in 1999?óÔé¼?ªRWTUV
- ISO/TS 16949 in 2004?óÔé¼?ªRWTUV
- Quality benchmarks
- Best Business Practices as per JCI
- ISO 14001 in 2002?óÔé¼?ªRWTUV
- Part of the world's largest battery manufacturing alliance – Johnson Controls Inc., USA
- Largest manufacturer of standby VRLA batteries in South Asia
- Pioneered the widely used VRLA batteries for industrial application in India
- Largest & dominant market leader of standby batteries in Railways, Telecom, Power Generating stations in India
- One of the largest (designed for producing 3.64million batteries p.a.) and most modern automotive battery plants in Asia
- Highly automated (oxide preparation to finishing; all processes and operations are automated)
- Part of Amara Raja's highly integrated battery complex (most components are built in–house)
- Industrial Economist Business Excellence Award – 1991 by the Industrial Economist, Chennai.
- Best Entrepreneur of the year 1998 – by Hyderabad Management Association.
- Excellence award by institution of Economic Studies(ES), New Delhi.
- Udyog Rattan –1999 by Institution of Economic Studies (ES), New Delhi.
- Q1 Vendor Status by Ford India Limited – 2003.
- World Excellence Silver Award by Ford USA
- The spirit of Excellence by Academy of fine arts, Tirupati