NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Alkali Metals was incorporated on April 17, 1968 as a joint venture with APIDC. The company commenced production of sodium metal, with an installed capacity of 125 MT. There were only a few manufacturers of sodium metal at that time and the technology was not available easily. Alkali Metals developed the technology for sodium metal based on in–house R&D capabilities and this was an achievement, considering various hazards in the development and manufacture of the same. It has a distinction of developing technology for the manufacture of sodium metal for usage in fast breeder nuclear reactors for power generation. It developed technologies for several derivatives based on sodium metal, picoline and various other cyclic compounds. In the year 1986, APIDC exited from the joint venture.
Y V S Murty and Y S R Venkata Rao are the main promoters of the company.
Currently, the company has two manufacturing facilities, unit I and II. Both the units are ISO 9001: 2000 and ISO 14001:2004 certified and have combined installed capacity of 4,400 MTPA. While unit I is engaged in the manufacture of sodium metals, organo alkali metallics, tetrazoles, amino pyridines and caters to the domestic market, unit II, a 100% EOU is engaged in the manufacture of pyridine derivatives, cyclic compounds and fine chemicals.
Business area of the company
The company is engaged in the business of manufacturing sodium derivatives, pyridine derivatives and a range of fine chemicals, based on related chemistry.
- Sodium Amide
- Sodium Azide
- Sodium Hydride
- Sodium Methoxide
- Sodium tertiary butoxide
- Amino – 4 – Methylpyridine
- Amino 6 – Methylpyridine
- Phenyl – a ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ (2–Pyridyle) Acetonitrile
- Phenyl Pyridyl Acetamide
- Best Export Performance Award?óÔé¼?Ø in the state for 2003–2004 from FAPCCI
- Best technology development in research & development?óÔé¼?Ø in the state for 2001–2002 from FACCI
- Certificate of Merit for the outstanding export performance?óÔé¼?Ø for 2001–2002 from (CHEMEXCIL) , Mumbai
- Outstanding performance in the field of Technology?óÔé¼?Ø from Uppal Industries Association in 2003
- ISO 14001:2004 certified company
- ISO 9001:2000 certified company
- Export House certificate
- In–house R&D centre recognized by Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India