NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Established in 1907, Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited is India’s leading pharmaceutical company. The Company is vertically integrated with the ability to develop, manufacture and market pharmaceutical products, pharmaceutical substances and Intermediates. Alembic is the market leader in the Macrolides segment of anti–infective drugs in India. Alembic Pharmaceuticals presents an extensive range of branded and generic formulations, in compliance with international and national regulations. Alembic's manufacturing facilities are located in Vadodara and Baddi in Himachal Pradesh. The plant at Vadodara has the largest fermentation capacity in India. The Panelav facility houses the API and formulation manufacturing (both US FDA approved) plants. The plant at Baddi, Himachal Pradesh manufactures formulations for the domestic and non–regulated export market. The company has a state of the art Research Centre at Vadodara.
API's makes up a significant part of the operations for Alembic Pharmaceuticals. It has an exclusive facility for manufacturing synthetic APIs, consisting of independent manufacturing blocks for Macrolides, NSAIDs and other drugs. The API manufacturing facility at panelav has successfully under gone inspection of USFDA and EDQM. The company makes product of Anti Infectives, Cardio Vascular, Musculoskeletol, Erectile Dysfunction and Gastro–Intestinal.
The company’s synthetic BPC business is supported with an independent facility. This facility has its own independent quality control and Analytical Development facility. Equipped with an excellent pilot facility for scale–up, this facility is already working with leading firms by supplying critical intermediates for their pipeline products.The company’s extensive range of finished dosage formulations covers every aspect of human life. Its basket of formulations contain more than 150 products in several forms belonging to diverse therapeutic segments from anti–infective, cough & cold products to cardiovascular and oral anti–diabetics. Its domestic formulation products consist of Antibiotics & Antibacterials, Cough & Cold Cardiovascular, Antihistamines, Gynacological, Ortho, Gastrointestial, Anti Diabetic, Ophthalmologicals and Urology.
Alembic Pharmaceuticals is also present in the Nutraceuticals business for last 50 years. Spread over 75 countries, Alembic Pharmaceuticals is one of the most integrated and robust pharmaceutical companies across the globe. The Company's international network drives its mission of providing access to the best healthcare products at competitive prices to the people of most remote countries.
- Alembic Limited
- Year Glass
- Shreno Ltd.
- Paushak Ltd.
- Alchemy Real Estate
- 1907 – Started manufacturing tinctures and alcohol at Vadodara.
- 1940 – Started manufacturing cough syrup, vitamins, tonics and sulphur drugs.
- 1961 – Lal bahadur Shastri inaugurates the Penicillin plant.
- 1967 – Bulk manufacturing of Vitamin B12.
- 1971 – Erythromycin manufactured for the first time in India.
- 1972 – Althrocin a brand of Erythromycin launched.
- 1997 ––Althrocin becomes top selling brand in India.
- 1999 – Alembic starts production of synthetic organic API.
- 2000– gets ISO 14000 certification for its facilities at Vadodara.
- 2001 – Starts manufacturing of Cephalosporin C.
- 2007 – Acquisition of non –oncology business of Dabur Pharma Ltd.
- 2009 – Addressed chronic therapies through multiple marketing divisions.
- 2010 – ANDA’s total filed 38. DMF total filed to 53 and get approval for 15.
- 2013 – Receives approval from the USFDA for its NDA, Desvenlafaxine Base Extended Release (ER) Tablets.