- The rupee had rebounded by 23 paise to close at 70.02 against US dollar on Friday. The forex market was closed on Monday due to general elections in Mumbai.
- "Rupee gained for the second day amid retracement in crude prices from the six-month highs," PTI quoted VK Sharma, head PCG & capital markets strategy, HDFC Securities, as saying. Mr Sharma further said that "going forward, the month of May would remain volatile due to crucial election results scheduled on May 23."
- Meanwhile, foreign institutional investors (FIIs) remained net buyers in capital markets, putting in Rs 114.59 crore Tuesday, according to provisional exchange data.
- Brent crude futures, the global oil benchmark, rose 1.24 per cent to trade at $72.93 per barrel. Despite the rise, crude prices have recovered significantly from its 6-month high of 75.60 per barrel.
- Benchmark indices Sensex and Nifty Tuesday ended marginally lower after a volatile session, dragged by private sector lender Yes bank which posted a loss of Rs 1,506 crore in the March quarter on higher bad loans provisioning. The BSE Sensex closed with 0.09 per cent or 35.78 points loss at 39,031.55, while the NSE Nifty ended 0.06 per cent or 6.50 points lower at 11,748.15. (With agency inputs)
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.