- USD climbs to its highest since mid-August against major currencies
- US dollar gains amid strong US economic data
- US data bolstered expectations of a Fed rate hike later in 2017
1) US manufacturing surged on strong gains in new orders and raw material prices, while rebounding construction spending in August bolstered the economic outlook even as hurricanes Harvey and Irma are expected to dent third-quarter growth. The Institute for Supply Management (ISM) said its index of US factory activity rose to 60.8 last month, the highest reading since May 2004, from 58.8 in August.
2) The dollar today rose versus the yen and climbed to its highest since mid-August against a basket of major currencies, extending gains from the previous session when it rose on higher U.S. Treasury yields and strong manufacturing data.
3) Forex advisory firm IFA Global expects USD-INR pair to trade between 65.40-65.80 today.
5) A higher dollar and strong US treasury yields pushed down global gold prices to nearly 7-week low early today.
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.