Here are five things to know about the Rs 100 coin:
1. The Rs 100 coin will be 44 millimeters in diameter with a metal composition of silver (50 per cent), copper (40 per cent), nickel (5 per cent) and zinc (5 per cent) - each.
2. Front side of the coin will bear the "Lion Capitol of Ashoka Pillar" in the centre. It will also have the rupee symbol and denominational value "100" below the "Lion Capitol".
3. The back of the coin will bear the portrait of Dr Ramachandran in the centre.
4. The standard weight of a Rs 100 coin will be 35 grams.
5. The new Rs 5 coins will be 23 millimeters in diameter and will weigh 6 grams each. The metal composition of the Rs 5 coin will be copper (75 per cent), zinc (20 per cent) and nickel (5 per cent).