- Delivery process of 6 million devices could be completed in 15 days
- Pre-booking of JioPhone started on August 24
- Customers paid refundable deposit of Rs 500 to pre-book JioPhone
Here are five things to know about JioPhone:
1. Pre-booking of the JioPhone started on August 24 against payment of a refundable deposit of Rs 500. The remaining Rs 1,000 has to be paid by the customer when the company starts delivering the handsets. The entire amount will be refunded against return of the phone after three years.
2. With the entry-level phone, Jio aims to sell around 5 million units every week.
4. JioPhone is powered by 1.2GHz dual-core SPRD 9820A/QC8905 processor and it comes with 512MB of RAM. The phone packs 4GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 128GB via a microSD card.
5. It has a 2-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 0.3-megapixel front shooter for selfies. The phone is powered by a 2000mAh removable battery.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.