Reliance Jio has extended its festive season offer for the sale of its 4G wi-fi device JioFi. Customers can buy the device for Rs 999, Rs 1,000 less from its original price of Rs 1,999 . The offer which started on September 20, was supposed to have ended on September 30, but the company has extended it. “The festive celebration continues! Get your JioFi for a reduced price of Rs.999. Buy now- http://bit.ly/__offer,” Reliance Jio’s official handle @reliancejio said on Twitter. Jio has also been sending messages to mobile phone users.
- JioFi's download speed is up to 150Mbps; upload speed is up to 50 Mbps
- The device comes with a built-in rechargeable battery
- Customers can use 4G VoLTE smartphone services even on 2G/ 3G smartphones
Here are the key features of JioFi that you must know:1. JioFi’s download speed is up to 150Mbps and the upload speed is up to 50 Mbps, states Jio’s website.
2. Customers can use 4G VoLTE smartphone services even on 2G/ 3G smartphones.
3. Users can make video and HD voice calls, send SMS and set up even (5+1) audio & (3+1) video conference calls with the Jio4GVoice app, according to the website.
4. Jio recommended that one should connect up to 10 wi-fi enabled devices - smartphone, laptops, tablets and even smart TVs with JioFi. However, JioFi allows connection of up to 32 devices. The device comes with a built-in rechargeable battery.
5. Jio claims of offering the 'best in class battery (2300mAh) that can support five-six hours of surf time.
On Friday, Reliance Industries announced that it will offer to buy back from Jio customers Apple Inc's latest iPhone models after a year's usage for 70 per cent of their price, a move that may boost the telecom unit's data sales.