The Nifty opened higher on Friday as indicated by futures trade on Singapore Stock Exchange. Both foreign and domestic investors turned net buyers of Indian equities on Thursday but with low intensity. Foreign investors bought shares worth Rs 18 crore, while domestic investors were net buyers to the tune of Rs 20 crore only.
Here are the stocks likely to see action today
- TVS Motor has reported lower-than-estimated auto sales for the month of December. The company has reported total sales of 1.91 lakh units for the month of December 2014 against estimates of 2.24 lakh units.
- Ranbaxy: As per reports Sun Pharma is planning to expand the over-the-counter (OTC) consumer healthcare portfolio of Ranbaxy. Ranbaxy has popular OTC brands like Revital, Volini, Chericof, Pepfiz and Garlic Pearls.
- SRF has informed exchanges that it has acquired Global DuPont's Dymel brand, which is the pharma business of the company for a consideration of $20 million.
- Kalpataru Power Transmission: HDFC Mutual Fund has bought 9.58 lakh shares in the company at an average price of Rs 230 per share through block deal on BSE.
- SJVN has signed a memorandum of understanding with Hindustan Salts and Rajasthan Electronics and Instruments for solar and wind energy park at salt pan land in Kharaghoda, Gujarat.
- Sarda Energy & Minerals has paid additional levy of Rs 122 crore to the Coal Controller as directed by the Supreme Court in its order dated September 24, 2014. The company has now become eligible to participate in the coal block auction process.