- Delhi-Mumbai Super Rajdhani will not have a flexi fare system
- Fares will cost Rs. 600-800 less than the other two usual Rajdhanis
- The Super Rajdhani will run thrice a week
3/Ministry of Railways introduces tri- weekly new Special Rajdhani between Delhi – Mumbai route from 16th October, 2017.— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia) October 13, 2017
The fares on the Super Rajdhani will cost passengers Rs 600-800 less than the two other Rajdhanis already on the route, according to a report by news agency Press Trust of India. The train will chug-off from Delhi on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays and from Bandra on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Here are 10 things that you must know about the new Super Rajdhani train:
- The Super Rajdhani will run from Hazrat Nizamuddin Station of Delhi till Bandra station of Mumbai.
1/ Announcement of New Super Rajdhani (09004/03) between Delhi and Mumbai without Flexi fare & saving of around 2 hours in journey time. pic.twitter.com/4zL16eg3No— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia) October 13, 2017
- The fares of this train in second and third AC will be around 19 per cent cheaper than the maximum flexi fare of the corresponding classes of the existing Rajdhani on this route, the Railways said. "The fare of the train, however, will be 20 per cent more than the base fare of the
5/Fare 4 this train in 2nd AC & 3rd AC will be around 19% cheaper than the maximum flexi fare of corresponding classes of existing Rajdhani— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia) October 13, 2017
- The Super Rajdhani will run thrice a week.
- The train will start at 4:15 pm from Hazrat Nizamuddin station, Delhi.
- It will halt at Kota, Vadodara, Surat and reach Bandra Terminus at 6:10 am on the next day.
- It will then start at 4:05 pm from Mumbai and reach Delhi at 6 am the next day.
- This will help travellers avoid morning traffic and enable them to reach home in the morning, the Ministry of Railways said.
- There is also an option to have tea, coffee and dinner at inexpensive rates while travelling on the train, the Railways Ministry added.
- The Super Rajdhani will be hauled by two locomotives for better acceleration, deceleration and higher speed.
4/The train will be hauled by two locomotives for better acceleration, deceleration and higher speed.— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia) October 13, 2017
- The passengers also have a choice to opt out of the catering services.
(with PTI Inputs)
6/The catering services in this train will be optional and the passengers shall have the choice to opt out of catering services.— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia) October 13, 2017
(For PNR status, train running status/enquiry, check out railbeeps.com, NDTV's brand-new train travel site)