- Since joining Infosys in 1986, Pravin Rao has held a number of senior leadership roles including head of infrastructure management services, delivery head for Europe, and head of retail, consumer packaged goods, logistics and life sciences.
- As COO, Pravin Rao oversaw key functions of global sales, global delivery and business enabling functions. He also drove and oversaw the "continuous renewal of key processes, systems and policies across the company in client relationship management, sales effectiveness, delivery excellence, quality, talent management and leadership development," according to Infosys.
- Pravin Rao is also chairperson of Infosys BPO. He was appointed COO of Infosys in 2014.
- He holds a degree in electrical engineering from Bangalore University and is a member of the National Council of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and the Executive Council of Nasscom.
- Analysts say Pravin Rao faces big challenges as he steps into Vishal Sikka's shoes at a time when Indian IT is grappling with slower growth and crackdown on visas in many countries.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.