- On Thursday, petrol prices in Delhi and Mumbai were reduced by 5 paise per dollar compared with the previous day. Diesel rates were lowered by 10-11 paise per litre in the two metros. (Also read: How to receive daily petrol, diesel rates on your mobile)
- Petrol prices in the four metros - Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai - have been increased in the range of Rs 1.07-1.14 per litre (around 1.5 per cent) so far this month, according to the Indian Oil data.
- On the other hand, the diesel rates have been lowered by 61-65 paise per litre.
- In Kolkata, petrol and diesel prices stood at Rs 74.89 per litre and Rs 68.18 per litre on Wednesday respectively.
- In Chennai, the rates were at Rs 75.62 per litre and Rs 70.15 per litre respectively, according to the Indian Oil website.
- Petrol and diesel prices are determined broadly by the rates of crude oil overseas and rupee-dollar in the forex market.
- The fuel rates vary from city to city and from pump to pump, depending on local taxes and transportation cost.
- Brent crude futures - the international benchmark for crude oil - were last seen trading 0.3 per cent lower at $67.63 per barrel on Thursday, a day after declining 0.2 per cent.
- Till Wednesday, global crude oil rates have declined 22.4 per cent since the October high of $86.74 a barrel.
- During Wednesday's session, the rupee declined by as much as 23 paise to touch 69.11 against the dollar at the day's weakest point.
(With agency inputs)
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.