- With effect from 6 am on Friday, the price of petrol was at Rs 71.73 per litre in Delhi; Rs 73.79 per litre in Kolkata, Rs 77.34 per litre in Mumbai, and Rs 74.46 per litre in Chennai, according to Indian Oil notifications. On April 30, the prices of petrol had stood at Rs 73.13 per litre, Rs 75.15 per litre, Rs 78.7 per litre and Rs 75.9 per litre in the metros respectively. (Also read: How to check today's petrol and diesel rates in your city)
- The diesel price on Friday was at Rs 66.51 per litre in Delhi; Rs 68.27 per litre in Kolkata, Rs 69.69 per litre in Mumbai, and Rs 70.31 per litre in Chennai, as against Rs 66.71 per litre, Rs 68.45 per litre, Rs 69.83 per litre and Rs 70.44 per litre respectively on April 30.
- Petrol prices were hiked on a total nine occasions and lowered 13 times in May 2019, the Indian Oil data shows.
- Domestic fuel prices - which vary from state to state - are currently reviewed on a daily basis by state-run oil marketing companies such as Indian Oil. Any revisions are implemented at the fuel pumps with effect from 6 am.
- Domestic petrol and diesel prices are determined broadly by the global crude oil and the rupee-dollar forex rates.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.