- Only Patanjali staff, office bearers will be able to use SIM card for now
- If successful, scheme will be extended to general public, says Patanjali
- Customers to get discount of 10% on Patanjali products with SIM card
Here are five things to know about Patanjali's push in the telecom sector, in partnership with BSNL:
1. Only the employees and office bearers of Patanjali will be able to avail the benefits of the Swadeshi Samriddhi SIM card, the company said on microblogging site Twitter. If the scheme is successful, it will be extended to the general public, the company said separately on Facebook.
2. Patanjali Ayurved said the profits earned from the Swadeshi Samriddhi SIM card will be used in the welfare of the country. “We are delighted to partner with the country's growing brand Patanjali Ayurved. As one of India's pioneering Telecom company, we are confident this partnership will add immense value to both organisations and benefit India,” BSNL chairman Anupam Shrivastava said.
पूज्य @yogrishiramdev जी महाराज द्वारा स्वदेशी समृद्धि सिम कार्ड लॉन्च किया गया।पतंजलि और बीएसएनएल द्वारा संयुक्त रूप से जारी इस खास सिम का फायदा पतंजलि के कार्यकर्ता और संगठन से जुड़े पदाधिकारी उठा सकेंगे। इस सिम से मिलने वाला प्रॉफिट देश हित में लगाया जाएगा। #Patanjali#BSNLpic.twitter.com/f8CR6hXZhxPatanjali Ayurved (@PypAyurved) May 28, 2018
3. After its full launch, customers will get a discount of 10 per cent on Patanjali products with the Swadeshi Samriddhi SIM card, according to ANI. Apart from this, people will also get health, accidental and life insurance benefits, it noted.
4. The Swadeshi Samriddhi SIM card will offer unlimited calls along with 2 GB data and 100 SMSes in a recharge voucher of Rs 144, according to ANI. The agency, however, did not mention the validity period of the recharge pack.
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.