- Railways Ministry to scale up new reservation system 'Vikalp'
- Vikalp scheme to be initially available for e-tickets only
- Wait-listed passengers will be given a choice to opt for Vikalp scheme
Wait listed Passengers may avail alternate option 2 go in Rajdhani,Shatabdi,Suvidha,Spl trains,other M/Ex trains without paying extra money pic.twitter.com/BU7ytRalh1— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia) March 22, 2017
Here are 10 things to know about the Vikalp scheme:
1) The Vikalp scheme will be initially available for e-tickets only.
2) Under this scheme, wait-listed passengers will be given a choice to opt for the Vikalp scheme.
3) Vikalp-opted passengers who remain fully wait-listed after charting will only be considered for allotment in the alternate train.
4) No extra charges will be taken from passenger or any refund shall be provided for difference of fare.
5) Passengers once provided alternate accommodation in alternate train will be treated as normal passengers in alternate train and will be eligible for upgradation.
7) Wait-listed passengers who opt for the Vikalp scheme should check PNR status after charting.
8) Wait-listed passengers of original train will not be allowed to board the original train if allotted alternate accommodation.
9) The Vikalp-opted passengers who have been provided accommodation in the alternate train will not figure in the wait-listed charts of their original train.
10) When a Vikalp-opted passenger opts to cancel, after he/she has been given an alternate accommodation, he/she will be treated as a confirmed passenger and the cancellation rules will apply accordingly.