Western Railway and Central Railway units of Indian Railways have mentioned a list of trains (on their official twitter handle) that are terminated/rescheduled/cancelled today due to heavy rainfall in Mumbai and surrounding areas. Heavy rainfall in Mumbai over the past five days has affected the city's sub-urban rail network (Mumbai local train) on the Central Railways' Harbour and Main lines as well. The Meteorological Department has warned of "extremely heavy" rainfall in adjoining areas of Thane and Palghar on July 2, 4 and 5. Private weather agency Skymet said Mumbai is at "serious risk of flooding" between July 3 and 5.
Here's a list of trains terminated/rescheduled/cancelled by Western Railway and Central Railway due to heavy rains In Mumbai:
1. Train number 22956 BHUJ-BDTS Kutch Express will be given extra halt at Sachin and Maroli stations, Mumbai Division of Western Railway mentioned in a tweet.
2. Train number 19218 JAM-BDTS Saurashtra Janta Express will be given extra halt between Dahanu Road and Virar stations.
Mail/Express Trains Update— DRM WR MumbaiCentral (@drmbct) July 2, 2019
1. Train no 12980 (JP_BDTS) will be terminated at VAPI & reverse as 12979 Dep at VAPI 19.12 hrs on 2.07.19
2. Train no 19116 (BHUJ-DDR) will be terminated at DRD & reverse as 19115 Dep at DRD at 16.47 hrs on 2.07.19 pic.twitter.com/WgHGo1ZAzM
3. Train 12935 between Bandra Terminus and Surat will remain cancelled today, a tweet by Western Railway noted.
4. Train number 59040, a shuttle service between Vapi and Virar (VAPI-VR) will remain cancelled today.
5. Train number 59440 between Ahmedabad and Mumbai Central Passenger train dated July 1 will be short terminated at Vapi.
Passengers may please note that following Trains have been short terminated & reversed from stations other than the destination due to water logging at Nallasopara following very heavy rains. Inconvenience is deeply regretted. #WRUpdatespic.twitter.com/vYK05TwIsx— Western Railway (@WesternRly) July 2, 2019
6. Train number 59038 Surat-Virar passenger train (ST-VR) dated July 2 will be short terminated at Dahanu Road.
7. Train number 12980 between Jaipur and Bandra Terminus (JP-BDTS) will be terminated at Vapi and will depart as 12979 from Vapi at 19.12 hrs on 2.07.19.
The following Trains are cancelled/Reversed/Terminated due to heavy rains at VR-NSP on 2/7/19— DRM WR MumbaiCentral (@drmbct) July 2, 2019
59040 (VAPI-VR) at 2.7.19 is cancelled
1. 69139 MEMU (VR-ST) cancelled one SPL MEMU with the rake of 69139 run bet DRD dep 9.15 up to ST
2. 61003 BSR-PNVL dated 2.7.19 is cancelled
8. Train no 19116 between Bhuj and Dadar will be terminated at Dahanu Road and will depart or Bhuj from Dahanu Road at 16.47 hrs on July 2.
9. Train number 69165- Panvel - Vasai Road of July 2 will remain cancelled.
10. Train number 19218 between Jamnagar and Bandra Terminus (JAM-BDTS) Saurashtra Janta Express will be given extra halt between Dahanu Road and Virar stations.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.