1. The mobile app will be extending to the mobile handset all the services meant for pensioners which are currently available on the portal of the Department of Pension and Pensioners' Welfare, said an official release issued by the Personnel, Public grievances and Pensions Ministry.
2. Retired central government employees will also be able to assess their superannuation funds and record complaints, if any, through the pension calculator. The ministry already has a pensioners' portal for this purpose.
3. With this application, a superannuating central government official will be able to monitor the progress of his or her pension settlement. Retired officials will be able to assess or check details of their pension amounts through the pension calculator as well register grievances and get updates on orders issued by the department.
4. Besides this, Dr Singh will also inaugurate the first 'Pension Adalat' - the objective of which is to bring on a common table an aggrieved pensioner, the concerned department, the bank or CGHS representative, wherever relevant. Such cases can then be settled within the framework of extant rules, according to the release.
5. Dr Singh will also be presenting the Anubhav Awards 2017 to 17 pensioners for their contribution towards creating institutional memory for the departments. The Anubhav scheme was instituted on the call of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to encourage retiring/retired employees to submit their experiences while working with the government. (With PTI Inputs)