mAadhaar or 'mobile Aadhaar' requires the users to have their phone numbers registered with the UIDAI. After the process is complete, the Aadhaar card details can be downloaded on the app, which will store data such as the name, date of birth, gender, address and photograph digitally on their phone.
Currently, the app is available for Android users only.
Here's how the Android users can download the app:
* After downloading the app from the Play Store, the app asks for password as soon as it is opened
* User should enter a password of length 8-12 characters
* The password should contain at least 1 number, 1 alphabet, 1 special character and 1 alphabet in capital letters. For example: Sharma@123
* Note: To use the app, your mobile number must be registered with Aadhaar. If not, visit the nearest enrolment centre or mobile update end point
* Users can create a new profile by entering the Aadhaar number manually or by scanning the QR code on the Aadhaar card
The mAadhaar app allows users to lock or unlock biometrics data. "Once a resident enables Biometric Locking system their biometric remains locked till the Aadhaar Holder chose to either Unlock it (which is temporary) or Disable the Locking system."