A notification, dated September 13, from the Ministry of Railways stated: "m-Aadhaar when shown by the passenger on his/her mobile after entering the password should be accepted as proof of identity for undertaking journey in any reserved class over Indian Railways."
Here's how you can download and use the app:
* Download the app from the Play Store
* The app asks for password as soon as it is opened
* User should enter a password of length 8-12 characters
* Note: To use the app, your mobile number must be registered with Aadhaar. If not, visit the nearest enrolment centre or mobile update end point
* Users can create a new profile by entering the Aadhaar number manually or by scanning the QR code on the Aadhaar card
The app comes with a biometric locking/unlocking feature to secure the personal data. Once a user enables the locking system, the app remains locked till he/she chooses to either Unlock it (which is temporary) or disable the locking system. It also has a "TOTP generation" (Time-based One-Time Password) process which can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.