How to update address in Aadhaar card number
You can update your Aadhaar card number with your latest address either by vising the official website of UIDAI - uidai.gov.in - or by sending it through post, according to a tweet on the official Aadhaar handle @UIDAI.
How to update Aadhaar address online
1. Go to the official UIDAI website and click on this link: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
2. Input your 12-digit Aadhaar number in the space provided.
(Input your 12-digit Aadhaar number.)
3. Also type the verification code that is visible on the page.
4. Once you enter the verification code, a onetime password (OTP) will be sent on your Aadhaar-registered mobile number.
5. On the next page, select 'address' and proceed.
(On the next page, select 'address' and proceed.)
6. Fill in the new/correct details carefully. Ensure that your information is transliterated correctly in the local language, adds the UIDAI.
(Fill in the new/correct details carefully.)
7. Check the details thoroughly and proceed.
(Check the details thoroughly and proceed.)
8. At this stage, the user is required to submit valid documents supporting the requested correction. Users are required to upload original scanned copies of the valid documents. "Upload only the valid documents to avoid update request from rejection," the UIDAI notes.
(Submit valid documents.)
9. At the end of submission, a URN or Update Request Number is issued to track the status of application.
Aadhaar is mandatory to be linked to mobile phone numbers (SIM), financial services like bank accounts, public provident fund, insurance policies, permanent account number (PAN), social security schemes and a host of other necessary utilities. The last date to link Aadhaar with these facilities is March 31, 2018, after the government agreed to extend it further.