Professional networking website LinkedIn has revealed 25 hottest skills that were in demand in the US this year. LinkedIn analysed the skills and experience data in over 330 million member profiles to gather the data.
The LinkedIn report shows that tech skills dominated the 'hottest skills' list. "Across the globe, statistics and data analysis skills were highly valued. In the US, India, and France, cloud and distributed computing skills were in particularly high demand," Sohan Murthy, research consultant at LinkedIn, wrote in a blog post.
Mr Murthy also said that digital, online, and SEO (search engine optimization) marketing skills were also in demand.
Fueled by hiring gains, cheaper gas and rising confidence, consumers and businesses drove the US economic growth to a sizzling 5 per cent annual rate in the September quarter of this year.
This was the fastest since and was followed by a 4.6 per cent annual rate of growth in the April-June quarter.
In the first 11 months of this year, US employers have added 2.65 million jobs. That already makes 2014 the best year for hiring since 1999.
25 Hottest Skills in US on LinkedIn
- Cloud and distributed computing
- Statistical analysis and data mining
- Middleware and integration software
- Network and information security
- Mobile development
- Foreign language translation
- Storage systems and management
- Mac, Linux and Unix Systems
- Java Development
- Algorithm design
- Digital and online marketing
- Computer graphics and animation
- Data engineering and data warehousing
- Software QA and user testing
- User interface design
- Web architecture and development framework
- Marketing campaign management
- Shell scripting language
- Business intelligence
- Electronic and electrical engineering
- Game development
- SAP ERP Systems