According government directives, it is mandatory to link Aadhaar and PAN to your LIC policies, India's largest life insurer says on its website. LIC offers both online and offline facilities to its policyholders for linking Aadhaar and PAN to their policies. In the online way, a mobile number as registered with UIDAI has to be entered and an OTP will be sent to the number provided, says LIC. After verification with UIDAI, SMS / mail confirmation will be sent to the policyholder. Under the offline facility, an LIC policyholder has to fill up a form and submit it along with the requisite documents to an LIC branch office. (Also Read: LIC's Pension Plans: PMVVY Vs Jeevan Nidhi Vs Jeevan Akshay)
How To Link LIC Policy With Aadhaar Online
1) Make a list of the policy numbers of your LIC policies. Also, keep your Aadhaar Card and PAN card handy.
2) Log into LIC's website. The link for linking Aadhaar and PAN with LIC policies is displayed prominently on LIC's homepage.
(A snapshot of LIC's homepage)
3) Click on it and LIC gives you a list of instructions on how to link policies online. Read the instructions.
4) The mobile number as registered with UIDAI, the authority which issues Aadhaar card, has to be entered and an OTP will be sent to the Aadhaar registered number.
5) In case your mobile number is not updated in Aadhaar, contact nearby LIC Branch Office for Aadhaar linking, says LIC.
6) After reading the checklist, click on the Proceed button at the bottom of the page and a form appears.
( An LIC policyholder needs to provide details such as Aadhaar number, policy number etc in this form)
7) Then the policyholder has to fill in details like Full Name As Per Aadhaar, Date Of Birth (dd/mm/yyyy), Name of Father/Spouse, Aadhaar Number, Policy Number, PAN etc.
9) After submitting the form, you get a message on the success of the registration for linkage.
10) After verification with UIDAI, SMS / mail confirmation is sent to you. The verification may take a few days, says LIC.
Linking of LIC policy with Aadhaar at LIC Branches: Form, Documents Required And Other Details
If an LIC policyholder is unable to link policies with Aadhaar, PAN online, they can do it by visiting an LIC branch. LIC, on its website, has provided the link to a form which the policy holder needs to fill for linking of Aadhaar Number and PAN to LIC policies. Download the form and get it printed. Fill in the policy numbers and sign the form. The policyholder also needs to submit this Aadhaar / PAN Mandate Form duly completed along with the self-attested copy of Aadhaar card and PAN Card / Form No.60 to the nearest LIC Branch, LIC said.
Meanwhile, LIC has cautioned policyholders against some messages in social media asking them to link their Aadhaar number by sending an SMS to the designated number. LIC said that there is no facility to link Aadhaar number to LIC policy.
“Our attention is drawn to some messages circulated in social media with our Emblem and logo asking policyholders to link their Aadhaar number by sending SMS to designated number. LIC of India informs the public and policyholders that no such message has been sent by LIC. Also no facility to link Aadhaar number to policies is available through SMS in LIC. As and when LIC will enable linking of Aadhaar number with policies through SMS ,our website will be duly updated of this option," LIC said.
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.