- According to a report of IANS, various relief measures pertaining to re-opening of all submerged, flood affected bank branches and ATMs, exchange of soiled, mutilated, defective currency and extension of loan repayment period have already been initiated by the banks in the state.
- Insurance companies have also started processing flood related claims to ensure expeditious settlement, said Finance Ministry.
- They have established special camp offices, deployed additional surveyors and waived document requirements for speedier claims payment so that quick relief is ensured to the affected people.
- The delegation would comprise of senior officers from the central government, CMDs of public sector banks and insurance companies including state-run Agriculture Insurance Co (AIC) and rural development lender NABARD.
- Earlier, basic customs duty and Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST) was exempted for the goods imported or supplied for flood relief operations in Kerala. (With agencies inputs)
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.