- JioPhone widely expected to add new segment of subscribers to Jio network
- Nearly 50 crore mobile owners outside data ambit, says Angel Broking
- Other firms could launch their own 4G feature phones, some analysts say
"RIL's telecom bet could be a true-blue game changer for the group. How competition actually reacts will be the second part of the story!" Angel Broking's further noted in its post.
Here are five other things pointed out by Angel Broking in its July 25 post:
1. Effectively, 90 per cent of Reliance Industries' total investment into its telecom arm Jio has "already been recouped by RIL shareholders in the form of value accretion".
2. RIL shares have risen 56.18 per cent in the past one year. The brokerage said that the movement in RIL share price as "a phenomenal performance for a stock of that size".
4. When the cash flows from Jio actually begin to show up meaningfully, the impact on valuation will be much bigger, it said.
5. "The real alpha for the RIL stock came after the launch of Reliance Jio in September last year," it noted.
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.