Indian Railways has announced a special tourist train 'Shri Ramayana Express', covering all places from Ayodhya to Colombo via Rameshwaram, tweeted Piyush Goyal, Minister of Railways and Coal from his official handle- @PiyushGoyal. Indian Railways all-new 'Shri Ramayana Express' will start from November 14, 2018 from Delhi and will take 16 days to cover the Ramayana circuit. The trip will be operated by IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation), the bookings of which have already opened on IRCTC Tourism official website- irctctourism.com. The entire trip will be priced at Rs 15,120.
Retracing the Epic Journey of Lord Rama: Indian Railways to introduce a special tourist train 'Shri Ramayana Express' which will cover all the places from Ayodhya to Colombo via Rameshwaram, on the Ramayana circuit.https://t.co/WR9HIYl0aepic.twitter.com/jcGKeiBz12— Piyush Goyal (@PiyushGoyal) July 10, 2018
प्रभु श्रीराम के जीवन से संबंधित तीर्थस्थलों के दर्शन के लिये रेलवे श्री रामायण एक्सप्रेस ट्रेन चलाने जा रही है, इससे श्रीराम के जीवन से संबंधित विभिन्न तीर्थस्थानों के दर्शन किये जा सकते हैं, बुकिंग के लिये वेबसाइट देखें :https://t.co/SgH8bVZ5sipic.twitter.com/K3Bs5s8z8a— Piyush Goyal (@PiyushGoyal) July 11, 2018
Here are key things to know about Indian Railways' 'Shri Ramayana Express':
1. IRCTC offers to run 'Shri Ramayana Express' special Tourist train on Ramayana circuit covering the prominent sacred places associated with the life of Lord Rama. An add-on tour is also designed to visit the places of Ramayana located in Srilanka, said IRCTC Tourism.
2. The 'Sri Ramayana Express' train service will start from Safdarjung railway station in Delhi and make its first stop in Ayodhya.
3. En-route, Sri Ramayana Express will halt at Nandigram, Sitamarhi, Janakpur, Varanasi, Prayag, Shringaverpur, Chitrakoot, Hampi, Nasik and Rameshwaram.
4. Passengers can choose to travel to Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka from Chennai by flight also, as tweeted by Piyush Goyal.
5. There are 800 seats up for grabs on the train.
6. The bookings for the trip will be done in standard category only.
7. The package will include travel, accommodation, food and sight-seeing arrangements also, tweeted Piyush Goyal.
8. Tour manager will be accompanying the passengers during the trip, tweeted Piyush Goyal.