- No concession allowed in Tatkal booking
- No refund granted on cancellation of confirmed Tatkal ticket
- If train is running late by over 3 hours, TDR can be filed
Tatkal Reservation Rules, Timings And Other Details
1) Booking for Tatkal tickets of AC classes opens at 10:00 am. For non-AC classes, the Tatkal train ticket booking opens at 11:00 am, one day in advance of the actual date of journey (excluding date of journey).
2) No concession is allowed in Tatkal train ticket booking.
Tatkal Train Ticket Cancellation
3) No refund is granted on cancellation of confirmed Tatkal tickets.
4) Where confirmed reservation has been provided to an RAC or wait-listed ticket holder at any time up to final preparation of charts, such a ticket is treated as confirmed.
5) RAC or waitlisted tickets: Refund is made if the ticket is cancelled up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure, according to the IRCTC website.
6) If a train is running late by more than 3 hours or the train is cancelled, please file Ticket Deposit Receipt (TDR) with proper reason for claiming refund, says IRCTC website - irctc.co.in.
7) In case of Tatkal ticket issued for travel for more than one passenger, some passengers have confirmed reservation and others are on waiting list, a full refund of fare less clerkage is admissible for confirmed passengers, subject to the condition that the entire Tatkal ticket is surrendered for cancellation up to thirty minutes before the scheduled departure of the train, the IRCTC adds.
How To Book Tatkal Train Tickets Through New IRCTC Facility
8) IRCTC has introduced new facilities for payment of e-tickets, including Tatkal tickets: ePaylater (powered by Arthashastra Fintech Pvt Ltd) and Pay-On-Delivery (Powered by Anduril Technologies. These options enable to book tickets first and pay later.
9) While making payment for e-tickets, you have to choose ePaylater/Pay-On-Delivery option. For example, in the ePayLater option, you get the payment link through email and SMS on making your booking. If you are availing the ePayLater option, it asks you to register first.
10) You get up to 14 days to make the payment. Basically, ePayLater pays for you whenever you book a ticket. And you have to pay 3.50 per cent as charges, plus applicable taxes.
(For PNR status, train running status/enquiry, check out railbeeps.com, NDTV's brand-new train travel site)