"The Sahaj form has been amended to incorporate the same details for salary and house property as in other forms. Hence, the simplicity of the form has been somewhat diluted. Further, requirement for GSTIN and turnover as per GST returns for assesses having business or profession has been incorporated, hence the effort has been made to integrate for check," said Sandeep Sehgal, director of tax and regulatory at Ashok Maheshwary & Associates LLP.
This time the Sahaj forms seeks an assessees salary details such as allowances that are not exempt, value of perquisites, profit in lieu of salary and deductions claimed under Section 16. The last date for filing the ITRs is July 31.
10 Things To Know About New ITR Forms For Assessment Year 2018-19
1) According to the tax department in the new forms, furnishing of basic details of salary (as available in Form 16) and income from house property have been mandated.
2) ITR Form-2 has been rationalised by providing that individuals and HUFs having income under any head other than business or profession shall be eligible to file ITR Form-2.
3) Individuals having income under the head business or profession shall file either ITR Form-3 or ITR Form-4 (in presumptive income cases).
4) The forms give non-resident Indians (NRIs) some relief.
5) In case of non-residents, the requirement of furnishing details of any one foreign bank account has been provided for the purpose of credit of refund.
7) There is no change in the manner of filing of ITR forms as compared to last year.
8) According to the tax department all these new ITR forms are to be filed electronically.
9) But where return is furnished in ITR Form-1 (Sahaj) or ITR-4 (Sugam), the tax department has granted some exemptions from electronic filing.
10) An Individual of the age of 80 years or more at any time during the previous year or an individual or HUF whose income does not exceed Rs 5 lakh and who has not claimed any refund in the return of income can file return in paper form.
Here's what the new one-page form, ITR Form-1 (Sahaj) ITR, looks like:
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.