- Mysore-Udaipur Humsafar Express to be operated on weekly basis
- Mysore-Udaipur-Mysore train service will comprise 18 coaches
- New train service aimed at passenger convenience, says Railways
Here are 10 things to know about the special Humsafar Express weekly service:
1. From February 26, the Humsafar Express commenced weekly operations from Udaipur City to Mysore at 9:00 pm on Mondays. This journey is operated with train No. 19667.
2. In the opposite direction, train No. 19668 will depart from Mysore every Thursday at 10:00 am to arrive at Udaipur City at 4:55 am the next Saturday. The Railways will run this regular weekly service from March 1, 2018, according to the North Western Railway press release.
3. The North Western Railway said the Humsafar Express train service between Mysore and Udaipur City was aimed at passenger convenience.
4. The inaugural run of the Mysore-Udaipur-Mysore Humsafar train was flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 19.
5. The Mysore-Udaipur-Mysore Palace Queen Humsafar service comprises 16 third-AC and two power car coaches (total 18 coaches).
6. From Udaipur to Mysore, the Humsafar Express rail service started operations from February 26.
8. The Mysore-Udaipur-Mysore Humsafar Express will halt at Chittorgarh, Ratlam, Vadodara, Surat, Vasai Road, Pune, Miraj, Belgaum, Hubli, Davangere, KSR Bengaluru City and Mandya stations in both directions, according to the North Western Railway.
9. Each coach of Humsafar Express was upgraded at the cost of Rs 20 lakh during the tenure of former Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu. The train has been built, keeping in mind all passenger comforts, including comfortable side berth seats, LED display, CCTV cameras, USB charging points, among other facilities, stated a press release.
10. The Indian Railways last year upgraded its Humsafar Express series of trains with additional features to enhance passenger comfort. The Humsafar Express is a fully AC 3-tier service sporting a GPS-based passenger information system, fire and smoke detectors, mobile charging points, reading lights for each passenger, improved upper berth climbing arrangement and coffeemakers, among other features.
Mysore-Udaipur-Mysore Humsafar Express regular service timetable
The North Western Railway also shared a timetable for its regular weekly Humsafar Express service between Mysore and Udaipur:
|19667 Udaipur City-Mysore Palace Queen Humsafar Express||Station||19668 Mysore-Udaipur City Palace Queen Humsafar Express|
|--||2100 (Monday)||Udaipur City||0455 (Saturday)||--|
|1345||1350||KSR Bengaluru City||1210||1215|
|1625 (Wednesday)||--||Mysore||--||1000 (Thursday)|