Here are different easy ways through which you can update your aadhaar number in your bank account without having to visit your bank branch:
To link your Aadhaar to your bank account online:
- Login to the internet banking service of your bank.
- Find the "Update Aadhar Card Details" option or "Aadhaar Card Seeding" option and click on it. On clicking, you will be directed to another page.
- Enter your Aadhaar card number and click on Submit.
- The last 2 digits of registered mobile number (non-editable) will be displayed to the customer.
- The bank will communicate the status of the linking to Customer's registered mobile number.
- If your mobile number is registered with the Bank, then you can link your Aadhaar number to your bank account through SMS.
- In case you are an SBI customer send SMS to 567676 in the following format: UID(space)Aadhaar number(space)Account number.
- If the mobile number is not registered or in case the Aadhaar is already linked to Account, an SMS reply will be sent to you.
- If your mobile number is registered with the Bank, you will receive an SMS confirmation of the seeding request.
- Many banks are yet to offer the option of linking Aadhaar to bank account through SMS, so do check through your bank’s customer helpline if this option is available.
- Some banks like SBI offer an option for seeding Aadhaar from an ATM
- After swiping the ATM card and entering your PIN, Select the menu "Service – Registrations"
- In this menu, select Aadhaar Registration (or Inquiry as per your need)
- You can now select the Account type (Savings/Checking) after which you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar number.