Are you struggling by carrying the physical copy of your Aadhaar everywhere you go? Well, you may want to carry the soft copy of your Aadhaar card with you. You can carry it easily on your smartphone. Yes, this is true.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) provides new facilities for Aadhaar card holders, making this possible. During the pandemic, UIDAI announced for cardholders that they can now download their Aadhaar cards online anytime and from anywhere.
For this, UIDAI also issued an Aadhaar direct link, through which the 12-digit Unique ID (Aadhaar Card) can be downloaded. The Aadhaar card can be downloaded through the Aadhaar direct link (eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/).
Here are eight simple steps with which you can download an Aadhar card on your smartphone:
1) First of all, go to the official website of UIDAI. Follow this link: https://uidai.gov.in/.
2) After this, go under the 'Get Aadhaar' section. Click on the Download Aadhaar option.
3) After this step, enter your Aadhaar number and the security code shown on the page.
4) Click on the 'Send OTP' option. You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
5) Enter the OTP and click on 'Verify and download'.
6) After your details are verified, you will receive the PDF of your Aadhaar card in your downloads folder.
7) The PDF will require a password to open it. The password will be eight characters long. Click the downloaded file.
8) Once you unlock the e-Aadhaar card, you can either keep it in the downloads folder or save it in your email for future use.
If you face any problem in downloading Aadhaar, then you can call on Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) customer care number 1947.