Aadhaar card, the 12-digit unique identity number issued by the Unique Identity Authority of India (UIDAI), is the mandatory verification card for all Indian citizens. It is also required to be linked with many essential services like the permanent account number (PAN), bank accounts, life insurance policies, mobile phone numbers, and social security schemes among others. However, if you apply for an Aadhaar number, it takes up to 90 days to get the card made. Meanwhile, if you want to check the status of your Aadhaar card, you can do so very easily.
How to check Aadhaar Status after enrolment? https://t.co/fchUAJ46D8
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) December 4, 2017
Checking Aadhaar card status via UIDAI's website
1. Visit the official website of UIDAI, uidai.gov.in.
2. Click on 'check Aadhaar status' under Aadhaar enrolment.
3. Type the enrolment id number and the date and time stamp in the space provided.
4. Type the security code as shown and click on 'check status'.
(Type the security code as shown and click on ‘check status’.)
5. The status of your Aadhaar card will be on screen.
Checking Aadhaar card status via toll-free number
You can call 1947, the toll-free number provided by UIDAI, and check the status of your Aadhaar card.
With mobile SIMs, Aadhaar has to be linked by February 6 and with social security schemes and banks etc, December 31 is the last day for Aadhaar linking.