The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), responsible for managing the government's Aadhaar biometric program, allows users to retrieve their lost Enrolment ID (EID). An EID is a unique identification number issued to every Aadhaar enrollee at the time of registration for an Aadhaar card. The unique number is used to track an Aadhaar application. Users can retrieve a lost EID or an Aadhaar number online, either by accessing the UIDAI website — uidai.gov.in — or through the mobile app mAadhaar. Follow the steps below to know how one can retrieve a lost Aadhaar number or Enrolment ID using the UIDAI facility. (Also Read: How To Verify Phone Number Linked To Aadhaar Card Online)
Here's How To Retrieve Lost Aadhaar Enrolment ID:
Through the UIDAI website:
- Visit the UIDAI website and click on the relevant option: "Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID" or "Aadhaar number (UID).
- Fill in the required details and click on "Send OTP" to proceed to the next step.
- The online tool then sends a one-time passcode to the user's registered mobile number.
- Fill in the OTP in the particular space on the next page.
- The Aadhaar Unique Identity Number will be sent to the user's registered mobile number.
Through mobile app mAadhaar:
- Select the 'Retrieve EID/UID' option from the main page of the mAadhhar aap
- Fill in the required details and click on 'Request OTP'
- Enter the OTP in the required space on the next page
- U[on successful entry, the mAadhaar app displays the enrolment ID or Aadhaar number on the next page.